Content Marketing with Micro sites: Pros and Consby Rebecca Johnson sciencecommunicationguide
Microsite is an individual web page or a small cluster of pages with its own design and content on a separate domain or sub domain providing a lightweight alternative to corporate websites. It creates a hyper-focused website that meet the needs of a specific search query.
The purpose of a microsite is to provide deeper content that is easier to absorb. The importance and a complete idea of microsite in content marketing can be best understood from the details of its pros and cons; examples and best practices.
So, let’s begin with the favourable points.
- Microsites can often be deployed quickly as they live outside the formal framework of your main website, like the landing pages.
- Visitors can quickly navigate to their most relevant content.
- Marketers can use the data to naturally segment their audiences from the available choices paving an easy way of marketing your brand.
- The new type of microsite is pure HTML and SEO friendly. They load quickly and can be built swiftly and inexpensively.
Now, let’s take a look at the unfavourable aspects.
- For an organisation with lots of brand equity, using a microsite to spin-off a product can confuse the site visitors who are already familiar with the parent organisation and turn them away. Though, the same cannot be said for a less known business organisation.
- Using a microsite can be an expensive brand-building exercise as it requires long term maintenance to keep it in the best form.
- A poorly designed micro site can actually reduce growth.
- The technological advancements may make a site inaccessible to a significant part of its target group, as is the case with responsive design.
At Impact Science, we work with Universities to help them create an ideal microsite that effectively communicates and puts forth their goals. We help create attractive content, including translating native content into English and converting news items into rich web-friendly content, making the university more discoverable and its research more relevant.
Original Article: http://www.apsense.com/archive/content-marketing-with-micro-sites-a-deeper-understanding.html
Created on Apr 21st 2020 04:55. Viewed 107 times.