Check the Status of Aadhar Card Through Phone and Onlineby Sanjay K. Editor, writer, etc
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued aadhar cards to almost 1.2 billion people so far while the rest of the population is likely to get one soon. The enrolment process is going on across the country and the UIDAI has been receiving new applications on a regular basis. A person is expected to get their aadhar card within a few days after submitting the application. Meanwhile, they can visit UIDAI’s website and check the status of their application. Read the following steps to understand how can you check your aadhar card status –
1. Visit uidai.gov.in
2. Click on ‘Check Aadhar Status’ link under Aadhar Enrolment tab.
3. Enter your 14-digit enrolment number along with the date, time, and a verification text or security code.
4. Click on ‘Check Status’. You’ll be directed to a page where you can see the status of your aadhar card.
You can also check the status of your application by sending a text message from your mobile phone. Follow these steps in order to check the status of your aadhar card from your phone.
1. Type “UID STATUS (14 digit enrolment number)” in the message.
2. Send it to 51969.
3. A message with the current status of your aadhar card will be sent to your phone.
4. You can also receive the aadhar number through SMS if your aadhar card has been generated.Moreover, if you’ve made any correction or update in your aadhar card online , then you can also check its status. All you need to do is click on ‘Check status - update done online’ link in the Aadhar Update Tab. You’ll be asked to enter your aadhar number along with the Update Request Number (URN). Click on submit after entering all the details. The following page will display the status of your update.
Created on Dec 13th 2018 03:45. Viewed 440 times.