How to Retrieve Theft or Lost Aadhar Card?by Sanjay K. Editor, writer, etc
Whether you want to open a new bank account or get a new telecom connection, you need to submit a copy of your aadhar card for identification. Third party agencies often ask for aadhar cards from their customers. This shows how important it is to keep your aadhar card safe and secure. However, a person may lose or misplace their aadhar card due to different reasons which can definitely be troublesome. The most important thing to ask is what should be done in case of lost of aadhar. Well, you can apply for a duplicate aadhar card. Yes, that’s right. In case of theft or loss of aadhar card, a person can visit UIDAI’s official website and submit an application for regeneration of aadhar card.
The steps for getting a duplicate aadhar card are as follows:
· Go to uidai.gov.in
· Click on ‘Retrieve Lost UID/EID’ link in the Aadhar Enrolment Tab.
· You’ll be directed to a page where you’ll have to select whether you want to retrieve your lost Aadhar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID).
· Fill the details like name, email, phone number, and verification text. Thereafter, click on ‘Send OTP’.
· An OTP will be sent to your phone number linked with your aadhar card.
· Feed the OTP in the box on the right side of the window and click on ‘Verify OTP’.
· Your Aadhar Number will be sent to your phone number or email id.
· Now click on ‘Download Aadhar’ link. You’ll be directed to a page where you’ll have to enter your aadhar number and personal details.
· Click on ‘Get One Time Password’ tab. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
· After verifying the OTP, you can download the copy of your aadhar card in PDF.
The best thing about getting a duplicate aadhar card is that you don’t need to pay anything and can download a copy of your aadhar free of cost. A person can also obtain a copy of their aadhar card by calling UIDAI’s toll-free number or by visiting an Aadhar Enrolment Center. In case you want to obtain a copy of your lost aadhar card through phone, follow these steps:
· Call UIDAI’s toll-free number.
· Follow the IVR and choose to connect to an aadhar executive.
· Inform the executive about the loss of your aadhar card and place a request with them for a duplicate copy.
· The executive will verify your identity by asking a few questions. They would submit your request upon successful verification of your identity.
· The duplicate aadhar card will be sent to your registered residential address within a few days.
you can also visit an Aadhar Enrolment Center for obtaining a duplicate aadhar
card should you find a center nearby. All you need to do is visit the nearby
Aadhar Enrolment Center and fill the aadhar correction form. You can directly
ask the concerned officer to issue a duplicate aadhar card
if you know your aadhar or enrolment number. Otherwise, the officer will verify
your biometric details first and then the duplicate aadhar card will be issued.
Created on Dec 19th 2018 05:25. Viewed 392 times.