Basic Tile Cleaning Do’s & Don’ts Everyone should knowby Jordan Smith Business News
Do you clean your tile by yourself? Are you aware of the facts that can affect your tiles and grouts?
If not, you are in the right place. Today, we will discuss the basic yet important do’s and don’ts you should follow while Tile cleaning Melbourne.
So let’s get started!
Things to you should never do when cleaning the tiles
- Don’t apply steel fleece or scouring powder or other abrasives that might scratch the completion of tiles. This technique is for stubborn and difficult to remove stains. Not suitable for regular cleaning.
- Say no to bleach-based cleaning agents or ammonia that will discolor your grout and make it look worse than before.
- Avoid sitting of spills for too long into the grout and stain the tiles. Old stains can be difficult to remove and might even become permanent if not handled on-time.
- Generally, ceramic tiles are strong and durable but the utmost weight can crack or break it. You need to replace the damaged tiles or at least keep it clean because cracks are the breeding ground for mould and other bacteria. So never overlook cracks.
- Take additional assistance to avoid rubbing and harming the tiles while moving in or out the heavy objects such as the piano.
- Don’t put the furniture and appliances without the tile guards as it can damage the tiles.
Right Things to do when Cleaning the Tiles
- Regularly wash tiles with water
- Rinse the tiles and grouts with mild detergent
- Vacuum the tiles at least twice a week so that dust and dirt can be removed
- Avoid using wax on ceramic tiles
- Ammonia-based floor cleanser is highly acidic and will ruin the texture of the floor. Use them only if there are tough stains but not that often. For better cleaning, hiring experts of Tile and Grout Cleaning Melbourne is a no-brainer.
- Seal the non-epoxy grouts at least twice a week with grout sealer based on silicon, helps to keep the grouts clean and stops dirt from getting underneath it.
- Clean up the spills so that the stain doesn’t become hard to remove or permanent
- Tiles like granite and marble are easier to maintain than ceramic tiles regularly. Just use hot water and keep them in new condition for months.
- Save your scrubbing and cleaning time in the bathroom by running the hot shower water so that the dirt loosens up a bit.
- For stubborn stains, use rubbing powder and water paste. Allow this paste to sit on the stain for at least 5 minutes.
- For removing mould or mildew, use ammonia and water with the help of a sponge. Just rub is on the wall slowly and sees the results.
- You can remove dirt and charcoal stains near the fireplace or the tiles around the fireplace by creating a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Apply the mixture to the affected area and see the results.
- Hire professionals of Grout Cleaning Melbourne once in six months to keep your tiles clean and provide the right cleaning treatment to it. This will enlarge the life of your floor and make it look new.
So keep the above information in mind while cleaning your tiles and grouts.
Created on Apr 23rd 2020 01:49. Viewed 124 times.