Australia PR Process under Subclass 190by Visa Experts Immigration Consultants | PR Visa Agent
Australia’s eight states and territories nominate eligible foreign nationals for permanent residence through the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190). Nominated candidates are most likely to receive an invitation to apply for the visa from the federal authority – the Department of Home Affairs (DHA). Those who meet the following key requirements can pursue the Australia PR process for this pathway:
· Be nominated by a state/territory – each state and territory has its own nomination criteria.
· Have an occupation that features on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List. This is known as the nominated skilled occupation.
· Receive a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for the nominated skilled occupation.
· Have at least competent English language skills, evidenced by the results of an approved language proficiency test.
· Score at least 65 points based on age, English proficiency, work experience, academic qualifications, partner skills (if applicable) or single status, nomination and adaptability. Receiving a state/territory nomination adds 5 Australia PR points to the candidate’s total score.
· Meet the DHA’s health and character requirements.
· Commit to the obeying the law of the land by signing the Australian Values Statement.
· Not have had a visa previously refused or cancelled while in Australia.
· The candidate or their family members must not have any outstanding debt payable to the Australian government.
Aspirants must submit an online Expression of Interest to the DHA via SkillSelect – indicating their interest in moving to a specific or any state/territory. Each candidate is allocated a point score. Then, they must apply for nomination to the relevant state/territory governing authority. Once nominated, the highest-scoring candidates are invited to apply for the Australia PR Visa.
The visa application must be submitted within 60 days of receiving the invitation. If approved, the DHA will issue the visa. To reach this final stage of the Australia PR process, it is important to correctly identify the state/territory that is likely to nominate you, meet the nomination criteria and submit a complete application to the local governing body. To assess your chances for state nomination and prepare a strong visa application, seek the guidance of India’s most seasoned immigration consultants at Visa Experts.
Created on Nov 18th 2020 03:08. Viewed 273 times.