Are Mattress Toppers and Mattress Protectors the Same?by Manju Sharma Writer
Mattresses have become commonplace across bedrooms in India and so have mattress accessories. Two of the most commonly purchased mattress accessories are mattress protectors and affordable mattress toppers. People who don’t know much about these accessories often wonder whether they offer the same benefits or not. If you are someone like that, then this is the article for you.
Read on to find out what mattress protectors and toppers exactly are and also get to know their similarities and differences.
Mattress toppers are thick layers that are meant to be placed over mattresses for adding that extra bit of support and comfort. You should consider buying the best cooling mattress topper if your existing mattress is warm and makes it uncomfortable for you to sleep soundly. If you live in cold places, you can also purchase mattress toppers that help in making your bed warm and cosy.
Here are some common features of mattress toppers in a nutshell:
· At least three inches in terms of thickness
· Made from materials like foam, gel memory foam, latex foam, cotton, and polyester fibrefill
· Foam toppers typically make beds firmer, while quilting toppers make beds softer
Now that you know what mattress toppers are and what they are made of, it’s time to shift our focus to mattress protectors. As you might have guessed already, mattress protectors are designed to protect your mattress’ exposed parts. Unlike mattress toppers, they do not add any support, warmness or coolness to mattresses.
Let’s take a look at some of the common features of mattress protectors:
· Mattress protectors are thin
· Commonly used materials for making mattress protectors include polyester, vinyl, and cotton
Similarities and Differences between Mattress Protectors and Toppers
The only similarity between mattress protectors and toppers is that they can both be used to cover your existing mattress. Otherwise, there are no similarities between the two accessories.
Now let’s take a look at the differences between the two. This section should help you in deciding whether you should buy waterproof mattress protector online or a mattress topper.
· Mattress toppers are ideally meant for people who can’t afford a new mattress but want their bed to look and feel brand new. Mattress protectors, on the other hand, are for people who want their beds to be protected from bugs, dust, dirt, and allergens.
· Mattress toppers are also recommended for people who need a firmer or a softer sleeping surface for rehabilitating from certain physiological conditions. You should buy waterproof mattress protector if you have new-borns and young pets at home, who may stain the existing mattresses.
So now that you know all about mattress protectors and toppers, you should be able to pinpoint what you need the most. The best thing is that you can buy both accessories and use them together to guarantee not just the optimum level of comfort, but also to ensure that your mattress stays protected.
You should have no trouble finding a wide range of mattress protectors and toppers online with a whole host of fantastic features. Happy shopping!
Created on May 27th 2020 01:31. Viewed 317 times.