7 Tips for Building Stepping Stone Walkwayby Sarah B. Marketing Writer | Thinker | Environmentalist
Christmas is nearing. We are all busy cleaning and decorating our indoor and outdoor areas.
While cleaning your landscape or garden, if you notice that the stepping stone or pavement has got severally damaged, or if you want to replace existing or build a new stepping stone walkway in your outdoors, this article offers some of useful tips to ease your day.
Check out the following to build stepping stone walkway in your yard like a pro –
- Make sure you have all the necessary tools and materials required for the project. These include tools like long-handled spade, level, stone cutting saw, and work gloves and shoes. The materials you will need for the project are – stepping stones (for required sq.ft area), sand, and tarp.
- If it is a new project, identify the proposed area or path for walkway where you will place the stones. This should be the most walked area in your garden.
- If it is a replacement project, remove the existing stones and put them away from the work site.
- Level the area(s), on which you will place the stones. Ensure perfect level on the ground to avoid damages after installation.
- Place the stones carefully.
- Now, you have to adjust the shape of the stone on the ground. For this, use a spade to cut the ground around the edges of the stone.
- Remove the grass from root near and under the stones.
Level the stones with sand. There you have it. This is how to create a walk way using stepping stones.
Building a stepping stone walkway not only enhances the look of your landscape, but also reduces the chances of damage to your plants and expensive grass.
If you are looking to buy stepping stones or flagstones for decorating your outdoors, consider WallAndTile.com, one of the largest tile shops in US.
Created on Nov 20th 2020 08:28. Viewed 166 times.