5 E-Commerce Trends to Watch in 2019by Scarlet Jonathon Magento Developer
E-commerce has been successfully adopted by businesses of all domains. In recent years, e-commerce has seen a steady increase in its demand and global acceptance. Today, customers purchase almost everything through e-commerce websites and enjoy hassle-free delivery to their door. Where e-commerce is a popular trend in many countries, it is still trying to reach many others. According to Statista, the global e-commerce revenue is predicted to reach $4.88 trillion by 2021.
But, this huge popularity brings a lot of competition, and businesses must adapt to the latest trends in order to stay alive in the e-commerce ecosystem. Here are a few e-commerce trends to be aware of in 2019 for better customer reach:
1. Drop Shipping: This is the trend that has emerged as a big savior for small businesses. As a profitable model,the business acts a middleman between the manufacturer and the customer. In this type of model, the supplier does not store inventory; instead, she buys the product from the supplier when an order has been placed and has it sent directly to her customer. This quick and easy model saves a lot of money and proves to be a profitable method.
2. Multi-Channel Selling: With an increasing number of e-commerce platforms, customers tend to visit many e-commerce websites looking for the same product and a better deal. In 2019, it is advisable for sellers to be registered with all top-rated e-commerce websites to stay visible. According to a survey, almost 52% of sellers are already using an Omni-channel approach.Plus, almost 85% of customers prefer to perform online research before buying a product.
3. The D2C Model: D2C or Direct to Consumer is another trending model that has huge benefits for businesses. This model eliminates a middleman and facilitates direct communication between the client and the manufacturer. Recently, Amazon has initiated this trend is encouraging small to big manufacturers to reap the benefits. In addition, this model has the advantage of better understanding the customer’s needs and choices. Another great add on in this type of e-commerce trend is faster product launch and wider brand awareness opportunities.
4. Smart Voice Assistants as Emerging Partners: Smart home voice assistants are making it easy for their users to get a filtered reply to their queries by simply talking to the devices. These devices are predicted to play a major role in future searches made by voice-enabled services. E-commerce websites are being optimized to assist voice commands and stay future ready.
5. Power of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: The smart technologies like AI and Machine learning are continuously decreasing the friction in the product buying process. The AI empowered e-commerce platforms are giving personalized shopping experiences to the customers based on their searching patterns. This keeps customers engaged and boosts their retention rates. AI and Machine Learning are also able to leverage online marketing campaigns to drive sales.
The increasing demand for e-commerce means that businesses need to adopt the latest technology to cater to their customers and to increase their customer base. The listed technologies are an important aspect that will change e-commerce strategies and gives businesses a higher success rate as they are centered on better customer retention and profits. Also, the e-commerce service providers continuously utilize the latest trends to give their customers a robust product
Created on Aug 14th 2019 05:50. Viewed 263 times.