What Should I Do if AVG Antivirus is Not Scanning Properly?by Briony Cole Technical Support Engineer
An antivirus plays a crucial role if you use internet daily. Whether you are reading mails, playing online games or browsing something on the internet, you must have an antivirus to avoid all the threats which spread through internet. AVG Antivirus provides the top level of protection from all kind of viruses. It ensures the safety when you exchange files offline or online. If your software not scanning properly there may be several reasons behind this issue.
The problem may be because your system has been infected by virus which is not allowing the software to scan correctly. Follow these steps to get rid of further issues:
1.Reboot your system and boot up into safe mode.
- Power off your laptop first.
- Now, press the power button to turn the system on.
- Just after pressing the power button press F8 key at regular interval of 1 second.
- When the screen shows the hardware information with a black screen in background. Go to Safe Mode with the help of arrow keys.
- When finished with troubleshooting, start the windows normally.
2.You can also do one more thing after visiting the safe mode screen.
- Go to settings.
- Now, select the PC settings.
- Now you have to click on Update and security.
- Select Recovery on the available screen.
- Now, select Restart Now from advanced startup.
- Later on, select Safe mode with networking after startup and press Enter key.
- Now, run AVG and choose your virus scan preferences.
- Finally, run the scan.
- After complete scan, restart your system.
If the above provided information works then it’s good if not then check if your Antivirus is active or not. Also reinstall the AVG antivirus with the help of its removal tool.
- Visit the website for downloading AVG removal tool.
- After downloading, run the software.
- Select AVG product to delete and wait for some minutes.
- Once the process completes, reboot your system.
- Now, again download the latest version of AVG antivirus on your computer.
If the issue is still the same after performing above steps then contact to AVG Technical Support Number UK. This team consists of highly qualified engineers who provide a reliable solution to the customers. They are always available for the users to assign them help for any kind of technical issue. By remote access, our assistance helps you to scan the system properly and recognize the issue and also resolve all queries related to AVG. Reach to us via call, email or chat support according to your comfort and get the reliable measures.
Original Source- What Should I Do.........
Created on Oct 11th 2017 06:55. Viewed 165 times.