Tips For Women - How to Take Care of Your Bootsby Nirmal Patel Degital Marketing Manager
Winter and boots are a match made in heaven! Winter shopping for me starts with boots. There are a lot of options when it comes to boots shopping. From Materials to the length of the boots you can pick the boot as per your preferences. Shopping for boots is just one part of the story. Taking care of your boot and their maintenance is a whole separate story.
Here are some tips about all the care and attention your favorite bootie needs!
- Protect them: Prevention is better than cure! they say. Protect the boots from spills, rains, snow (also watch out of the stamping gal in the subway). Protecting the boots from such daily events really help in maintaining the life of the shoe. Invest in a protective spray as it not only makes your shoes waterproof but also acts as a repellent to protect your shoes from winter weather stains
- Moisturize them regularly: Just as your skin gets dry and rough during winter the same happens to your leather boots. They get dry and rough which may cause peeling of the leather. Moisturize them regularly this maintains the shine and health of the leather be it original or faux leather.
- Repairing salt or other winter stains right away!: Here comes another one A stitch in time saves nine! Removing the salt stains right away helps in cleaning the shoes with the merest stress. If the stains are not repaired right away they tend to dry up and removing them require a lot of pressure which may lead to shoe damage!
- Invest in Shoe care products: Getting a shoe care kit is very essential in maintaining the life of your bootie. For suede boots get a suede brush or eraser gets rid of any dust or dirt as suede’s end up getting dirty after each wear! For leather booties, you can get gel shiners for the long-lasting shine of the boots.
- Avoid wearing them every day!: We know you like your boots and want to wear them every day. Doing so shoes to wear out and may lead to some damage caused by daily adventures. Avoid wearing them for days when you have to do a lot of running this will protect your feet and your favorite boots as well!
- Storing them properly: Last but not the least storing the shoes properly and not just throwing them in the closet! For High Length boots you can buy a boot tree or if you’re running low on a budget just cut a pool noodle as the same size of your boots and put them in the boots. For ankle boots, you can store them in a cloth bag to avoid dust accumulation on the shoe.
Created on Feb 18th 2019 05:57. Viewed 199 times.