Things to Consider When Selecting a University in UKby Seek Academy Training Institute
At this point, many students may have received their final results from the respective universities whereas some of them are still awaiting the same. A large majority of students would like to start their master’s degree overseas as it offers better exposure and work opportunities. With so many universities offering a plethora of courses, it becomes difficult for the students to select the best combination of college and course.
Seek Consultants are one of the best Student Visa Consultants in Delhi and can help students select a college and course in the UK which will help them move ahead in their careers.
While selecting a college and course in the UK, here are some factors which you can use to zero in on a university.
1. LOCATION: There are plenty of universities in the UK within the city and on the outskirts as well. Students are tempted to go to universities in the city as they think that they might get to enjoy the city lifestyle. Campus universities are those which have facilities such as teaching, accommodation, student unions, and sports ground, libraries, etc. in a single place. Students living in cities might have to arrange for their own accommodation. Also, students have to cover other living costs as well.
2. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entry requirements of different universities vary from one another and some universities in the UK have set very high standards for admission. Russell Group universities fall in this category. However, there are pathway programs as well provided by Cambridge Education Group (CEG), Kaplan International Colleges, Bellerbys College, Kings Education, Navitas Study Group, and INTO. They have relaxed entry requirements but the quality of education provided is in line with top tier universities.
3. COSTS: The tuition fee for different colleges is different. It also depends on the course. For example, a business or social science course would cost around £10,000 - £16,000 per annum, dentistry, medicine, or veterinary science would cost around £20,000 - £35,000, and a science or engineering course would cost around £13,000 - £20,000. Aside from tuition fees, students must have around £8,000 - £12,000 (per annum) to support the cost of living in the UK.
4. SUBJECT INTEREST: The subjects you select will play a big role in determining your career path. Students should take up subjects they like studying. In order to make a sound subject choice, a clear understanding of that industry is a must. Do thorough research about the subject before finalizing anything.
5. SANDWICH COURSE: Sandwich courses are largely popular in the UK as they allow students to work full time for a year before the course finishes. The exposure you gain during this period will help you move forward in your career.
Seek Consultants help students in selecting courses and universities that offer such courses. Sandwich courses give students a competitive edge. This experience makes the candidates more likable as they have overseas work experience.
Consult Seek Consultants, if you are still confused about your overseas education in the UK.
Also, Read this: https://bit.ly/2OO4iwZ
Created on Aug 17th 2019 04:08. Viewed 195 times.