The Best Ever Solution for QuickBooks Desktop Won't open.by Data Service Solutions QuickBooks Certified Expert QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software used all over the world by small and midsized business owners who come from a non-accounting background. This user-friendly software is great at tracking finances, managing sales, and helping with invoices. It can integrate with otherworldly office applications and systems while keeping up with your bookkeeping needs.
It is hard for such people to imagine even a single day of work without this particular software. However, what would happen if QuickBooks Desktop Won’t open or take endless time to start? It could be a nightmare for your busy schedules and without any technical knowledge, you can’t resolve the issue quickly.
What leads to QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error?
When users tap on the QuickBooks Desktop software or company file but the program doesn’t start or won’t open even several minutes after the command. One of these reasons is responsible or deemed to be causing this issue. Let’s have a glance:
- The hard disk of your system is damaged and can’t sustain opening as big software like QuickBooks.
- The company file name is too long or consists of some special characters.
- The Windows operating system is not updated or parallel to your QuickBooks version.
- The process of QuickBooks installation is faulty or not done in a proper way.
- The product registration file (QBWUSER.INI) is corrupted.
- Windows users are not having full admin access or any other problems.
- If you are using an outdated QuickBooks version.
Effective methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop won’t open errors.
To avoid this issue, the first thing you can try is renaming your company file and keeping it under 65 characters (no special characters included). Here’s a list of some other rectifications you can carry out whenever you experience trouble opening QuickBooks.
Method 1- Run QuickBooks in Windows Safe Boot Mode
- To start off, hold and press Windows + R keys simultaneously and type MSConfig in the Run box.
- Now, click Enter or press OK to open the System Configuration Utility.
- From under the General tab, tickmark the Selective Startup option and select Apply then hit the OK tab.
- Once the changes are saved, restart the Windows and run QuickBooks.
Read more - Check out this page if you are getting Register QuickBooks Library files failed.
Method 2- Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- In the beginning, make sure to create a backup of your company file.
- Now, restart your system and then press the Windows key.
- Under the Start menu, tap on Control Panel.
- After that, select the Programs or/and Programs and Features option in the Control Panel window and select Uninstall a program.
- Look for QuickBooks in the list of programs and hit Uninstall/Change.
- Press Continue and then click Repair to repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once the Repair is done, choose Finish and then restart the system again.
Method 3- Rename the QBWUSER,ini File
- Firstly, you need to try accessing the folder having ini file but if you cannot trace it then enable hidden folders and file.
- Once the folder is found then right-click on the “QBWUSER.ini.file” and then choose the Rename option.
- After this, type Insert.old in the last file name.
- Now change the name of ecml.file to something else. After renaming the file if QuickBooks works properly then the issue has been fixed.
Are you still finding issues due to QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error? No worries, here’s the solution. There are multiple users who deal with the same issue while handling different business operations. Hence, you are just suggested to have a word with our QuickBooks technical error support team who are always available to assist you whenever you’re in need.
Created on Oct 29th 2022 05:11. Viewed 141 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.