Take Care of Your Home's Roofby Kevin Smith Author
Your home's roof is your family's first line of defense against the elements, so it's a good idea to keep it in good shape. Regardless of the type of roofing materials used, sooner or later, your roof will need replacement. According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), shakes last about thirty years, cement shingles last about 25 years, and asphalt shingles will need replacing after about twenty years. The climate and harsh weather variations in your part of the country can cut this life expectancy even more. Some of the causes of roof damage, other than life expectancy, are storm damage such as hail, excessive wind damage, or downed trees, defective metal flashing around chimneys, aprons, or valleys in the roofline, and clogged gutters. So, if you are in the market for a new roof for your home, here are some things to consider when searching for a residential roofing contractor in Willis, TX.
What is Important
- It pays to work with a local company who has been in business for a number of years and is intimately acquainted with the fluctuations in weather in your area. Check the company's website for details on how many years they've been around. It also is a good idea to ask for a reference from friends and neighbors.
- They should be able to work on any size structure, but should also be able to replace any type of roof, from shingles to metal, tile, or shakes.
- Make sure the company uses only the highest quality products when replacing what's already on the roof.
- They should offer free quotes for the job.
- The company should offer a residential maintenance program once the new roof is installed, including a semi-annual inspection, cleaning off leaves and debris, clean the gutters, and re-seal pipe flashing. This can help identify issues and catch small leaks before real problems arise.
- The company should be fully licensed and insured, and should be screened by an independent site like Home Advisor.
- The company should offer emergency services as standard.
- The company should be a member of a professional organization such as the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), which helps to keep the technicians up to date on the latest innovations and technologies that provide customers with the most benefit.
These are a few things to consider when searching for a residential roofing contractor in Willis, TX.
Created on Sep 21st 2019 01:51. Viewed 32 times.