Simple Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6154by James Aultman Accountant
QuickBooks is the industry-leading software for creating and monitoring invoices, publishing financial statements, recording employee data, running payroll, etc. This accounting software has become an integral part of most businesses. However, users may encounter difficulties when attempting to open a file or folder, which might be caused by QuickBooks Error 6154. It could also happen if the software cannot detect the suitable company file or open the appropriate company file. Read the entire blog to learn about the reasons for the error and how to resolve it quickly.
Are you looking for any technical assistance to rectify QuickBooks Error 6154 and need instant help? Then, speak with one of our highly-certified experts by placing a call at the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
Reasons that give rise to QuickBooks Company File Error 6154
Apart from the corrupted QuickBooks company file or folder, numerous other reasons evoke QuickBooks Company File Error 6154, which are as follows:
- You did not login into your computer as an admin.
- It might also occur if you didn’t login into the computer as Admin.
- The location of the company file is either missing or corrupted.
- Your file or folder path is incorrect is also one of the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6154.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error Code 40001
Important Points you Must Consider before Fixing QuickBooks Error 6154
Before moving ahead to the troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6154, there are a few things you need to do first. There's a good chance that taking these steps will solve your problem on its own, and you won't have to go through the entire troubleshooting process.
- Ensure that the Intuit sync manager is updated to the most recent versions.
- Check for updates to Windows and QB. Download and install them if they're available.
- Install a good antivirus program that won't affect your company's files when it scans the PC.
- Copy your company file to a new location before attempting to open it.
What should be done to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6154 instantly?
Even if you are getting QuickBooks Error Code 6154 after implementing the above-mentioned steps, follow the troubleshooting solutions listed below to resolve the error:
Solution 1: Login To Your System As An Admin
As previously stated, one of the causes of QuickBooks Error 6154 is not being logged in as an administrator. Many permissions are restricted at the admin level, but you can gain access by logging in as Admin.
- To initiate the process, restart your system.
- Soon after this, log in again into your system as Administrator.
- At last, try opening the same company file again and verify whether the issue is resolved or not.
Also Read: QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working
Solution 2: Sync your files to the computer’s hard drive
There might be certain instances when the application is unable to find the location because the file is not synced to your system’s hard drive. In order to resolve the error, follow the stepwise instructions listed below:
- Login to your computer with the admin credentials.
- Thereafter, transfer your company file and set the Task Manager once again.
- Change the location of your folder as per your preference and search for a new location of your file.
- Soon after this, copy the files and folders from the previous locations and then paste them into the new location.
- Now, you are supposed to Reset Task Manager using the steps listed below:
- Move to the Help menu of QuickBooks, tap on the Manage Data Sync followed by the Reset Sync Manager tab.
- Further, you need to add the ID and password within the required field.
- Next, enable the Sync Manager to initiate with the First Sync.
Summing It Up!!
So, here we conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error 6154, and we hope you find it worth reading. But, if still, the error persists, then ensure that you are using the updated QB software. For any additional help, contact our experts at the +1(855)-738-0359 and get all answers to your queries.
Created on Jun 14th 2022 12:23. Viewed 43 times.