Significance of Soft Skills in Hospitalityby Geeta College Geeta Group of Institution
Soft skills are a permutation of interpersonal people skills, social skills, communication skills, character traits, attitudes, career attributes and emotional intelligence quotient among others. Sometimes, it also refers to the character traits and interpersonal skills that distinguish a person’s relationships with other people.
People in the hunt for employment, should possess soft skills as vital as the hard skills which are required to achieve success on the job. Organizations which deal with customers face-to-face are generally more flourishing if they promote activities for staffs to develop these skills through some enhancing programs. However, hard skills can be learned but soft skills are more tedious to acquire and transform.
Why soft Skill?
Companies seek candidates with both types of skills when hiring for most distinguished positions. Hotel Management College in Haryana fulfils the necessity of inculcating these personal traits in the individual. These traits help the person to achieve goals and aim high for innovative opportunities.
Top 7 most important soft skills for both interviewing and in the workplace:
- Team Spirit: means not only being cooperative, but also displaying strong leadership qualities when necessary
- Elasticity: employees who can settle in to any situation are dependable no matter what’s thrown at them
- Creative thinking: is invaluable and drives new and upsurge efficiency
- Confidence: always important to support self-assurance
- Effective communication: being a good listener with appropriate body language adds a lot to the job
- Problem-solving skills and resourcefulness: are critical when unforeseen issues inexorably arise
- Accept feedback and apply lessons learned: improves professional growth
Soft skills form an integral part of the hospitality industry, where employees are continually dealing with customers face-to-face and strong interpersonal skills are necessary for creating a positive guest experience. Hotel Management College in Haryana carries on splendid programs in the campus to make students aware of the outer cosmos. Seminars and guest lectures by experts’ aids in developing and polishing of skills. Likewise, other employers in the service industries are identifying soft skills as a main aspect of creating an overall customer experience. These institutions educate students who need to travel and work all over the world and move comfortably in a multi-cultural and international cosmos.
Created on Jan 11th 2018 00:13. Viewed 179 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.