Preparing For Your Home Moving
by Needs SGHome House Cleaning Singapore
During home moving it can be stressful to take note of thousands of objects and other details.
In this article we will talk about the things you require to take note during the actual moving process.
In general, there are 4 main kinds of moving:
- Local movers
- Interstate movers
- Long distance movers
- Commercial movers
Clarify with the professional before hiring to check for their years of experience in the various moving jobs. In the event of relocation, we do have relocation specialists who can fulfill your relocation needs.
Home Moving Process
Here are a few more things to take note during the home moving process:
Ask your home mover if your furniture will get dirty when moving
Professional home movers should provide a wide range of protective materials to prevent your items from dust and damages.
From protective wraps to newspapers, these professionals will look out for fragile or heavy furniture and take extra caution when moving them.
What is the maximum weight I can pack into boxes?
Anything that is small enough to fit into the boxes is good, if not anything lesser than 25 kg. Reason is, the boxes can only support a fix amount of weight can anything heavier may break the boxes. We recommend the box to weigh no more than 25kg each.
Is there a rebate upon returning the carton boxes once the job ends?
Some movers ay provide such rebates. Usually not. However you can sell it at second-hand marketplaces like carousell in Singapore. Such places also sell second hand boxes which you can buy at a very cheap rate.
Does the moving workers provide assembling and dismantling functions?
Some movers do provide dismantling and assembling of general furniture as part of the package, whilst others charge extra for it. It is important to clarify this clearly as different moving company have different policies and rules in assembling and dismantling of furniture.
Is there any additional charge for multiple drop-offs/pickups?
This will vary between different movers, and we advise you to ask the movers personally.
What happens if my items are damaged/lost in transit?
This will vary between different movers. Some movers may be able to provide money back guarantee, whilst others don’t. This is an important area to clarify with your movers before engaging them.
Questions to ask house movers
In this section we cover a list of questions to ask the moving professionals to ensure your moving experience will be as smooth as possible.
- Are they subcontracting the work or doing the work themselves? Smaller companies tend to do most of the house work themselves if not find a subcontractor or part timer. You should ask about the entire process in advance to figure out whether they are subcontracting their work. If this is true for the company that you are hiring, ask for the subcontractor’s name and a complete list.
- Does the moving company provide packing materials? Some movers will provide cartons and other packing materials like bubble pack, newsprint and tapes. If you are looking to buy, try sites like Carousell which you can buy at second hand prices.
- Can they do weekends? Will there be any extra charges? Most movers work weekend.Some may require surcharge on Sundays and public holidays, while some quote the surcharge depending on the volume of work.
- What is the payment schedule? Most movers expect a deposit (usually around 20%, depending on the mover themselves) upon confirmation of booking or delivery of packing materials. The remainder will be collected on moving day itself.
- What are the payment options available? The following payment methods are common amongst movers in Singapore:
- Bank transfer
- Secure online payment such as Paypal or DBS PayLah!
If you are looking for home moving companies in Singapore, you can visit SGHomeNeeds. SGHomeNeeds contains a list of the best rated moving companies in Singapore.
This article first appeared on http://www.imfaceplate.com/smartsgrean/preparing-for-your-home-moving-project.
Created on Oct 18th 2018 09:48. Viewed 378 times.