Operation and Maintenance of 600kw Diesel Gensetby Generator D. Diesel Generator
Disconnect the high-voltage switch in the power distribution room and close the disconnecting switch to the power generation position.
1. Close the disconnecting switch in the generator room to the power generation position.
2. Check the cooling water, lubricating oil, and fuel storage of the generator. If there is any shortage, it should be replenished in time.
3. Check whether all connecting parts, fasteners, and operating parts are loose, stuck, and abnormal. Whether the connection of each wire is firm, correct and in good contact.
4. Open the control cabinet under the generator operation screen, close the start switch and wait until the display screen has power. Press the up and down key to view the relevant operation records of the generator. If any abnormal situation is found, deal with it immediately and prepare for power generation.
1. Press the start button to start the generator. At the same time, pay attention to the presence of mechanical noise, abnormal vibration and so on.
2. During operation, the operator closely monitors the voltage, frequency, current, power factor, oil temperature, oil pressure, water temperature, charging current, speed and other instrument instructions and changes of generator set through the instrument. When the specified value is exceeded, timely inspection and measures should be taken, and the operation can be continued only after returning to normal.
3. The emergency stop button on the control screen panel is only used in case of emergency. After pressing the button, the generator will stop immediately and sound-light alarm will be issued at the same time.
4. After the generator runs normally, close the main switch (low-voltage air switch) of the generator set, and the generator supplies power to the electrical load.
1. After the mains power is normal, gradually cut off the load and disconnect the main switch (low-voltage air switch) of the generating set.
2. In the state of no-load, gradually reduce the speed to idle speed, and wait for the diesel engine water and oil temperature to drop below 70°C before stopping.
3. Disconnect the start-up control power, and close the isolation switch to the mains power position in the order of operation.
Check before starting:
1. Turn on the power
2. Check if the following items are normal:
(1) Water tank level
(2) Oil and diesel oil level
(3) Battery voltage
(4) Battery water level
3. Check the control panel, switch the main switch to the stop position, close the detection switch. After the display is normal, turn on the detection switch, each instrument should display zero, and the indicator light shows shutdown.
1. Switch the main switch to the manual start position, the generator should start immediately, and the indicator light shows normal.
2. Observe the various instruments on the control panel, which should work normally.
3. To operate with load, close the power output switch.
1. First cut off the back-end load and then turn off the power output switch.
2. After no-load operation for five minutes, turn the main switch to the stop position.
3. After checking that everything is normal, turn the main switch to the automatic start position and close the power output switch.
(I) Please refer to the manual operation for inspection before starting, but cut the generator to the automatic starting state after inspection and close the power output switch.
(2) Power on: Cut off the mains power and observe if it starts automatically.
(3) Shutdown: Turn on the mains power and observe whether the power is switched automatically and shut down automatically.
(1) In case of emergency, when the protection device of generator itself refuses to start, the generator should be shut down urgently and the main switch should be switched to the off position.
(2) After the emergency shutdown, carry out a comprehensive inspection of the generator immediately and resume normal operation as soon as possible.
1. No-load operation of the generator shall not exceed 15 minutes.
2. After the generator is started, check the water level, oil level, diesel level, battery voltage, and battery fluid of the generator to maintain normal condition.
3. Make a running record for each test or automatic start operation.
Diesel generator sets can be divided into two types according to the use situation: one is based on mains power, generator set standby power supply equipment and the other is generator-based power supply equipment. To ensure that the genset is in good condition and prolong the service life of the machine, the technical maintenance system of the diesel engine must be implemented. The technical maintenance categories are divided into:
First level maintenance inspection (daily or weekly)
Secondary maintenance inspection (every 250 hours or one month)
Level 3 maintenance inspection (every 1500 hours or half a year)
The standby generator should run regularly for about 10 minutes, so as to evaporate the water in the diesel engine body and achieve moisture and corrosion protection.
First level maintenance inspection
1. Check oil level.
Use a diesel oil dipstick to check the oil level. In order to obtain accurate readings, the oil level should be checked when the oil flow back to the oil pan after 15 minutes of shutdown. The oil level should be matched with the original oil pan, and the oil level should be kept as close as possible to the high "H" mark.
Warning: Never operate a diesel engine when the oil mark is lower than the low mark “L” or higher than the high mark “H” (if necessary, add the same quality and grade of engine oil).
2. Check cooling system
Keep the coolant filled to the working level, check the coolant level every day or every time before turning on, analyze the cause of the coolant consumption, and check the coolant level, only after the cooling system is cooled.
3. Check the connections of the intake pipe
Check the joints of the air intake pipe, whether the clamp is loose, whether the hose is cracked, perforated or worn, whether the hose is broken or other damage, tighten the clamp or replace parts as needed to ensure that the air intake system is well sealed and all air passes through the air filter.
4. Appearance inspection
Check for leaks of external air, coolant or oil. Tighten screw connections, joints, etc. or replace gaskets as needed. Check the oil pipe cover of the oil dipstick to see if it is tight.
5. Check for damage
Check the fuel system, including the incorrect adjustment or injury of the fuel pump, and check for leaks or damage at all connections.
6. Check drive belt
inspect whether the fan, water pump, and charger belt is damaged or slack, and replace the damaged buckle with a new one. And adjust the tightness, if necessary, ask a professional technician to adjust.
Created on Jan 3rd 2020 19:51. Viewed 94 times.