On-cloud or On-premise HR Software- Are you making the right choice?by Alen Parker Professional Guest Blogger
On-cloud software or on-premise- Probably, this is the most confusing choice to make for every company. While on-cloud is a relatively latest development in the technical space, on-premise is a more traditional approach to using software and thus often considered as a better one.
So, in this blog, we explore the advantages and disadvantages of both and the basis on which you should make the choice. Let us begin.
- Functionality-If you choose on-cloud HR software systems, you would not require IT support. There is also a self-service portal that helps in reducing the workload of HR. ESS solves half on the queries of the employees, so the HR isn’t required to solve the queries or answer those questions. Maintenance and data processing from IT is also not required. However, on-premise makes the data available to you and not any third party. Besides, the market for on-premise is quite established, so, it will be easy for you to choose the right vendor.
- Size of the business- If you are an SME or business with rapidly growing headcount, you should choose on-cloud as it is more flexible and scalable. With on-premise HR software systems, you will need more storage space to store data.
- Adaptability- As far as the adaptability is concerned, this depends on how good the UI and UX of the HR software systems is. The better it is, the lesser the training. There may even be no need to take any training for the software.
- Data ownership- The data ownership in on-cloud HR software is on the cloud. You are not the only owner of your company related information. Infact, if you will plan to move the information from one software to another, you may encounter some issues. But, all-in-all data is the safest on-cloud. So, why would you even want to do that? If you will get an on-premise software, you will own the data. But if you will not define the security properly, the data can easily be stolen or lost.
- Safety- On cloud solutions can help you keep your data safe and sound and on-premise HR software systems too can do the same. However, they both have their own set of safety or data breach issues. On-cloud can be hacked (it rarely happens) and the data on on-premise HR software systems can easily be stolen by anyone.
- Internet Connectivity- A cloud-based software will require internet connectivity and the on-premise one won’t. So, on-premise is a better option for companies who are located in remote locations, network problems or low internet connectivity.
- Mobile Application- It is always a great idea to choose software which comes with a mobile application. This is more possible with on-cloud software, the mobile applications can help the HR and the employees in managing and seeing the things on the go.
So, now that you know the major differences, the next time you plan to invest in HR software systems, evaluate the models on these parameters and then decide for yourself. We would suggest you to go with the cloud version of HR software as it is more beneficial.
Created on Jun 12th 2019 04:04. Viewed 167 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.