Massachusetts Construction Accident Injuries Lawyerby Steve Hopper Content Writer
Before starting a new position with a construction contractor, ensure that you are covered under their workers’ compensation insurance policy.
Working in construction exposes you to many occupational hazards. Should you sustain an injury, you will suffer lost wages and medical bills which is extremely difficult for anyone.
Therefore, you need to be diligent about making sure you are covered under their workers’ compensation policy. The law states that every employer with employees must carry a workers’ compensation policy for the protection of all.
Should you sustain an injury during your course of employment, you should do the following:
- You should immediately inform your employer about the injury. Your injury must be documented by your employer. This is crucial should you need to prove your injury to the insurance company and court officials.
- Seek medical attention immediately by going to the hospital, if serious, or your personal doctor. Your attending physician should be informed that your injury happened at your workplace. This is proof again that the incident happened during the course of your employment. The medical treatment received will further document your injury and the necessary treatment.
- Your lawyer will continue to negotiate with both your employer and the insurance company to ensure that you are receiving your wages and necessary medical treatment.
- Massachusetts Construction Accident Injuries Lawyer would then prepare your case in order to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company.
Possible construction site injuries
The safety and health administrative body in Massachusetts have identified the following workplace casualties:
- Falling from heights: Workers may slip while working at heights above the ground which may result in permanent injuries or prove fatal in some cases.
- Collapsing of a trench: Upon the sudden collapse of a trench, a worker could be fatally injured.
- Various equipment-related injuries – these include malfunction of a forklift, tripping over equipment or misfiring from a nail gun.
- Unavailability of protective gear.
- Collapsing of a scaffold.
- An electric shock
- Motion injuries due to repetitive action of a given job. If your body undertakes certain movement repeatedly, soft tissues at the active area may be damaged. The will limit your mobility and you may suffer from chronic pain.
- Respiratory diseases including pneumoconiosis causing silicosis, or back lung diseases.
Responsibilities undertook by a Massachusetts Workers Compensation Attorney
Employees that have undergone personal injuries while working on construction site, or suffering from work-related emotional or mental hazards, are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in Massachusetts.
The range of benefits includes medical and hospital services, necessary medical equipment, and drugs that the physician recommended through prescription. They are also entitled to weekly compensation that the worker lost while remaining total or partially disabled. He/she is also entitled to relevant vocational and rehab services.
The Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Advisory Council has made it mandatory for its members to monitor, recommend, report and offer testimony for personal accidents that occurred to their clients under the worker's compensation system purview.
Therefore, your Workers’ Compensation Attorney Massachusetts is bound by law to fight for your rights prevailing under workers’ compensation laws in Massachusetts. When appointed to represent you, he will fight with the Medical and other insurance companies for your rights regarding repayment of the lost wages as well as receiving necessary medical care.
Ladas Law Firm, P.C.
90 Rockland Street, Suite 4
Hanover, MA 02339
Telephone: (781) 829-9191
Toll Free: (844) 291-4296
Fax: (781) 829-2161
Created on May 4th 2021 13:36. Viewed 222 times.