Lighting tips for the living roomby Mark Ambrose Manager
Homeowners spend quality time and choosing different pieces of furniture items for their house. This is a good thing because they are spending time in ensuring that the house looks good. They spend enough money on living room sets, and that is just perfect. However, many people do not understand the importance of proper lighting in their living room. If you have made this mistake in the past, here are some important tips for you.
1. Look for the right mix: Combining many light sources at different levels in the living room will help in achieving a successful lighting design. So, look around in your living room and add a layer or two of lighting for space, as required. Looking at every section of the living room, you should be in a position to decide what type of lighting will be required and where.
2. A centerpiece is a great option: Adding a centerpiece in the living room is a good idea because it will add to the look of the room and will help in brightening up the seating area. With this, you’ll notice that a focal point will be created and you’d probably set up the mood accordingly.
3. Natural light is a must: With a number of artificial lighting, you’d probably enjoy the luxury of a classic look you have always wanted in the living room. However, it is still important to allow the flow of natural light in the living space. With this, you might have to make certain modifications in the furniture arrangements made by you. This is advisable, and so you should make the necessary modifications in your living room.
4. Brighten the Mantel: If you’re one of the few lucky homeowners to have an elegant fireplace in your living room, make sure that you do not leave it in the dark. If you’re not making an effort to make the fireplace look useful, you’re probably wasting the space in there.
5. Give the hanging artwork enough space to shine: With the artwork hanging in your living room, you need to make an effort to let it get the attention it deserves. With this, you should leave empty space around it. If you have placed a furniture item below the hanging artwork, make sure that you have enough space left empty between the artwork and the piece of furniture. Consider this to be important because it will have a considerable impact on your living room.
Created on Jun 30th 2018 01:37. Viewed 750 times.