Interior decorators in Mumbai: A lucrative career option?by Shreya Kakkar student of Architecture
Interior decoration was regarded as an unconventional, unstable job just a few years back. But things have now changed drastically with thousands of students taking up interior decoration courses and diplomas. Some people are gifted with a natural flair for art while others develop it over time. Some people just know from the get-go that they are meant to be interior decorators.
- Interior decoration aspirants have always been obsessed with decorating living spaces. They are ultra creative and do not miss a single chance to renovate or beautify their homes or bedrooms. They are always scraping through decor magazines and Pinterest or Instagram posts of innovative and trending home decor solutions.
- Interior decorators are very good at dealing, communicating and pleasing people. Interior decorators need to be in constant contact with their clients to know their needs and their personal taste in decor. Interior decorators cannot be reserved or snobbish as this may lead to miscommunication.
- Interior decorators are very keen on learning new things and do not close themselves to healthy criticism. The industry is constantly changing, and interior designers need to keep up with the changing trends and techniques. Those who are not afraid of change and are willing to change for the better can think of interior decoration as a lucrative career.
- Interior decorators have to be very hard working. They cannot depend on others. They run the show independently and will have to manage a number of things on their own. If you are starting out with low funds, you will have to manage your webpage and social media on your own. They need to come up with decoration strategies and designs on their own, and this demands hard work, passion and patience.
- Becoming good interior decorators in Mumbai needs a lot of dedication and love for the job. Interior decorators must have a keen eye for detail and a creative mind. Interior decorators in Mumbai must start by building some contacts and making a portfolio. They must know how to mix and match the sensibilities, tastes and culture of the city with internationally followed trends. Interior decorators in Mumbai must keep practising their craft to sharpen their skill set.
Created on Jan 23rd 2019 04:00. Viewed 460 times.