Innovations That Will Change the Future of Warehousesby Diksha Garg Real estate Property Updates
Warehouses are not just a storage solution for a business; these are the nucleus of all backend operations. Order-tracking, dispatch, processing, inventory management, picking-&-packing, shipping, and delivery– the entire end-to-end protocol depends on these industrial warehousing services.
These services are now evolving rapidly with ever-changing consumer demands. From skilled labour to automated operations-- these integrated processes create efficient and expedited services. In this segment, we explore the innovations that redefine warehousing in India.
Robotics and Automation
The consumer service robotics market experienced 25% YoY growth in 2021 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 27% over the next four years. (Source: The Hindu)
Robotics is becoming increasingly common in warehouses for improving efficiency and productivity while reducing costs. These can function for long hours and can endure heavy loads. Additionally, they can be programmed to carry out specific tasks, such as picking up and sorting items.
Since their inception, automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS) have come a long way. AS/RS systems use robots to store and retrieve items from shelves or racks. They can also be used to load and unload after transit.
Warehouse Management Systems
A warehouse management system (WMS) is a software application that helps control and coordinate a warehouse's activities, such as receiving and storing goods, picking and packing orders, and shipping products.
A WMS typically includes a database of information about the products stored in the warehouse and data about the location of these products. The software also includes managing inventory levels, tracking orders, and generating reports for the Best warehouse storage systems.
In recent years, many advances in WMS technology have had a major impact on warehouses and distribution centres around the world.
1. Real-time tracking: Modern WMS systems provide real-time visibility into the location of goods within the warehouse. This helps to improve accuracy and efficiency when fulfilling orders.
2. Predictive analytics: Some WMS systems now use predictive analytics to forecast demand and optimise stock levels accordingly. This helps ensure that businesses always have the right amount of inventory.
3. Voice-directed picking: Voice-directed picking is a hands-free way of picking orders that uses voice commands instead of paper instructions or barcodes.
4. Data analysis: WMS is the best medium to evaluate and sort according to inventory volume. Data collection and analysis help you to track the progress of your business.
In the past, inventory tracking was a manual process that was time-consuming and prone to error. Today, many technological innovations can automate and streamline Storage and warehousing services.
1. Stock-keeping unit tags: These tags can be attached to products and track their movement throughout the warehouse. This information can optimise stock levels and improve order accuracy with quick access to the right stocks.
2. 3D printing: This technology can create custom-designed packaging for products. This can help to save space and reduce packaging waste.
3. Blockchain: This emerging technology can be used to create a decentralised database of inventory information. Only authorised staff can access the number of stocks, and inventory location, while tracking the order status. This could improve transparency and traceability throughout the supply chain.
Several factors will shape the future of warehouses, but one of the most important will be security. As the world becomes increasingly connected, protecting your data and assets from theft or damage is more critical than ever. Here are a few innovations that will change the way we think about warehouse security:
1. Blockchain-based security: Blockchain is a distributed ledger technology that offers a tamper-proof way to store data. This makes it ideal for warehouse security applications, which can be used to track inventory and prevent theft.
2. Artificial intelligence-based security: AI can be used to monitor warehouse activity and identify potential threats. This could include unusual patterns of movement or behaviour that could indicate criminal activity.
3. Biometric security: This type of security uses physical characteristics (like fingerprints or iris scans) to verify someone's identity. Biometric security systems are already being used in some warehouses, and they're likely to become more common as they become more affordable.
4. RFID-based security: RFID tags can be used to track inventory and prevent theft. They can also trigger alarms if someone tries to remove an item from the premises without authorization.
5. Sensor-based security: Sensors can be used to detect intruders and monitor activity in real-time. This information can then improve warehouse security protocols or even alert law enforcement.
One of the essential aspects of sustainable warehousing is reducing energy use. LED lights use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs, which last much longer, so they need to be replaced less often. Another way to reduce energy use is by improving insulation in the warehouse.
Another important part of sustainable warehousing is finding ways to reduce or eliminate waste by using recyclable materials whenever possible. Many warehouses now use pallets made from recycled plastic instead of wood pallets. This helps to save trees and reduces pollution from sawmills and other wood-processing facilities. Another way to reduce waste is by reusing packaging materials whenever possible– using returnable containers for shipping products instead of one-time-use boxes or bags.
Hiranandani Industrial Parks, Chennai, has integrated various sustainable features throughout the premises, such as–
Curated landscape and greenery
Optimization of rainwater via recharge pits
Sewage treatment plants
Energy efficient lighting system
Skylights and air-vents
A progressive warehousing company in India
Hiranandani Industrial Parks offers built-to-suit warehousing in Chennai, allowing you to integrate any technology, equipment, and amenity per your business requirements. Moreover, they also present a comprehensive infrastructure that supports your logistic operations and supply chain. Among the warehousing companies in Chennai, this company is backed by the trusted legacy of House of Hiranandani, thus assuring quality, reliable partnership, and ethical business conduct.
Visit https://hiranandaniindustrialparks.com/ to get more insight into this new project.
Created on Nov 28th 2022 03:53. Viewed 210 times.