IndianMoney Review - File Complaint against Employer for Salary

by indian money Financial advisors,Health insurance

Employer not paying salary for the work done is the most common complaint these days. There are many such incidents happening in India. Usually, this happens when the employee is planning to leave the job or at the time when the contract is going to end. Many employers do not pay the salary if they fire employees. Many employees in India have faced such problems and felt helpless without knowing what action can be taken. In this article, Indianmoney Dot com Review will tell how to file a complaint against employer for not paying salaries.

IndianMoney dot com Review: File Complaint against Employer for Salary

1. Contact the HR department

If the salary is not paid by your employer, you must first contact the HR department of your company to know why you have not received salaries. If there is no mistake on your part and the employer is simply refusing to pay the salary, you can take further steps.

2. Send legal notice to your employer

To resolve issues between you and employer, you must send a legal notice. A legal notice is a written document sent to a person or company, informing him/her of the grievances faced and why you are planning to take legal action. The notice sent must contain all the steps you are planning to take against the employer. After receiving the legal notice, there are chances of your employer resolving the issue by paying the salary.  You can send a legal notice by taking the help of a good lawyer.

 3. Go for Arbitration

If you don't receive any response from your employer to the legal notice, take further steps. Almost all employment contracts provided by employers have a clause that provides for taking the matter to arbitration, in case of a conflict. You can take the matter to arbitration, if your employment contract has that clause. This clause is very helpful as you don't need to go to the court if there is an issue. In the case of arbitration, an independent third party (arbitrator) makes a decision.

4. Approach the labour commissioner

If your employment contract does not have an Arbitration clause or your issue is not resolved through arbitration, you can approach the labour commission of your district. The labour commission will help resolve the issue between you and employer.

5. File your complaint in a labour court:

If your complaint is not resolved by the labour commission, you can take the next step and file complaint with the labour court in accordance with the provisions of Section 33(C) of the Industrial Dispute Act, 1947. As per the rule, you must file the complaint within a year from the date on which the salary was due. If the complaint is genuine and there is no mistake on your part, the employer will be directed to pay the salary. The labour court usually settles disputes within 3 months.

Read More: IndianMoney Review: File Complaint Against Employer For Salary


Sponsor Ads

About indian money Advanced   Financial advisors,Health insurance

37 connections, 2 recommendations, 222 honor points.
Joined APSense since, August 16th, 2018, From Bangalore, India.

Created on Dec 1st 2018 00:31. Viewed 390 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.