How to Turn off the Pop ups in Yahoo Mail?by Olivia James Mycustomerservice
Everyone is familiar with the popularity of Yahoo. It has users across the world and it is used for personal as well as professional purpose. However, when you install Yahoo Messenger, by default it configures itself to start with the operating system. That means when you will turn on your computer, Yahoo pops up automatically and asks you to log in. But the best thing is that you can prevent this from happening by removing the program from the list of startup items. In case, if you want to disable the Yahoo pop-up messages that appear in the lower right corner of your screen, then you need to change Yahoo Messenger’s notification settings. If you need any assistance then contact Yahoo for help.
How to Stop Yahoo From Starting with Windows?
· First of all, launch the Yahoo Messenger and log in to your account, or switch to its window if it is running in the background.
· After that, click “Messenger” and choose “Preferences” from the menu, or press “Ctrl-Shift-P” to open the Yahoo Messenger Preferences window.
· Then, click “General” in the left navigation pane and then uncheck the “Automatically start Yahoo Messenger” box in the “When I start up my computer” section.
· At last, click “Apply” and then “OK” to apply the new settings.
Now, Yahoo Messenger will not pop up when you start your computer.
How to Stop Yahoo Pop-ups?
· First of all, open Yahoo Messenger and log in to your account. In case, if the program is running in the background, then switch to its window.
· Next, click “Messenger” and select “Preferences” from the menu to open the Yahoo Messenger Preferences window.
· After that, click “Alerts & Sounds” in the left pane to view all settings related to alerts. The pop-ups that appear in the lower right section of the screen are Yahoo alerts.
· Next, select each item in the “Alert me when” list and in the “Alert me by” section, uncheck the “Showing a message at the bottom right corner of screen” and “Displaying a dialog box” boxes. If you also want to turn off the sound alerts, then uncheck the “Enable alert sounds” option.
· Now, click “Apply” and then “OK” to apply the new settings and close the Yahoo Messenger Preferences window.
These are some simple steps to turn off the pop ups in Yahoo Mail. In case, if you are still facing the pop up issues, then call on Yahoo Phone Number and get help from the experts.
Created on Jan 29th 2020 00:31. Viewed 103 times.