How to Troubleshoot Mozilla Firefox?
by John Jackson Technology
Mozilla Firefox is a popular web browser available on several platforms and operating systems. However, sometimes, it shows issues and errors. In this article, you will find solutions to troubleshoot Mozilla Firefox.
If you want to reboot Mozilla Firefox, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, launch the File menu or Firefox Menu, then choose “Quit Firefox.”
- When the Firefox runs still improperly, then repeat this action.
Remove Mozilla Firefox Cache
You need to remove Mozilla Firefox cache. Follow the instructions given below.
- To get started, launching the “Tools” menu & then choose “Clear Private Data.”
- Choose the following options, then click on “Clear Private Data Now” like Download History, Cache & Cookies.
Enable Mozilla Firefox’s Safe Mode
If you want to use Mozilla Firefox safe mode, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Sometimes add-ons create problems for Mozilla Firefox.
- Ensure that Firefox is closed.
- Go to the Start button & launch the All Programs list.
- Then navigate to Firefox folder.
- When the Safe Mode prompt comes, click on Continue.
- If there is no problem in Safe Mode, then extension or theme can be the cause.
Resetting Mozilla Firefox Preferences
You need to reset Mozilla Firefox preferences. Follow the instructions given below.
- You have to exit the Mozilla Firefox completely.
- Then go to the Start button & launch the All Programs list.
- Select the Firefox folder.
- When you see the Safe Mode pop up comes, tick the box of “Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults” & ” Reset toolbars & controls.
- Now, click on “Make Changes & Restart.
If you want to troubleshoot plugins, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Navigate to the Tools menu & choose Add-ons to launch the Add- ons screen.
- Then select the Plugins icon from the Add-ons screen.
- You should turn off every plugin one by one unless the issue goes away.
- Now, still you are facing the same issue then you have to reinstall or update it.
You need to make a new profile. Follow the instructions given below.
- Get started by beginning the Profile Manager.
- Then you should make a new profile.
- You have to choose the newly created profile & click on “Start Firefox.”
- When you are the problem is solved, you should recover the essential data.
Reinstall Mozilla Firefox
If you want to reinstall Mozilla Firefox, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, you have to close Firefox.
- Go to the mozilla.com & install the latest version of Firefox.
- If you want, you can back up your essential data.
- Then you should uninstall Firefox.
- Remove the “Mozilla Firefox” folder.
- Remove the Firefox profile folder.
- Enter the Firefox installation program.
- When the Mozilla started the first time, the “Import Settings & Data wizard will come & a fresh profile be created.
- Recover essential data.
- Now, reinstall the extensions & themes
John Jackson is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Created on Sep 25th 2019 10:26. Viewed 115 times.