Alex Smith a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
How to Fix Windows Defender Error Code 0x8e5e021fby Sumit Sharma Digital Marketing Specialist
Majority of the Windows users think that they require different types of security software on their PC. Many people prefer using Windows Defender, which comes in Windows computers by default.
You might get an error code 088e5e021f at the time of using Windows Defender, so go through this blog carefully for fixing it.
The method of restarting the Security Center Service
- Firstly, tap on the Windows +R button of your keyboard for going to the Run dialog box.
- Then, into the Run dialog box, write ‘services.msc’.
- Next, tap on Enter button of your keyboard.
- After that, do a right-click on Security Center.
- Lastly, select Restart from the given options.
The method of removing Conflicting Registry Entries
- Firstly, go to the Run dialog box one more time. For doing it, you need to press the combination of the Windows+R button on your keyboard.
- Then, write ‘regedit’ into the Run dialog box.
- After that, press on OK.
- As soon as you go into the Registry Editor, go to the given below:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
- Next, search for MpCmdRun.exe, MSASCui.exe, or MsMpEng.exe entries.
- It will be located under the Image File Execution Options tree.
- Then, if you get any of the entries, then you need to do a right-click on it.
- Lastly, press on Delete.
More To read
The method of going for the Group Policy Editor for switching on Windows Defender
- Firstly, sign in to the Administrator ID in the device.
- Then, tap on the Windows+ R button of your keyboard for going to the Run dialog box.
- Next, write ‘gpedit.msc’ into the box.
- After that, tap on Enter.
- As soon as the Group Policy Editor is up, you need to follow the given below order.
- Firstly, you need to tap on Local Computer Policy.
- Then, tap on Administrative Templates.
- After that, tap on Windows Components.
- Next, click on Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Then, visit the right-hand side of your screen.
- After that, press on Windows Defender.
- Next, do a double click on the option ‘Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus.’
- Note that a new window shall get displayed on the screen. Press on the Disabled.
- Lastly, tap on OK for saving the changes that have been made by you.
Note: After turning on Windows Defender by the Group Policy Editor, look if you can access the Windows Defender. You shall be able to turn on the Windows Defender with the help of the Registry Editor.
Created on Oct 11th 2019 04:32. Viewed 301 times.