How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12007, Error Code 12029?by John Luther Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
QuickBooks is an accounting software mainly developed for small to medium businesses by Intuit Inc. With its mind-blowing features, it has gained popularity across the business world ever since its development. At present, it is available only for Mac and Windows operating systems. Here are some listed steps which can resolve QuickBooks Error 12007, QuickBooks Error 12002, QuickBooks Error 12009 and QuickBooks Error 12029.
Exclusive QuickBooks Features
Some of the business-friendly features provided by QuickBooks are:
- Create and send invoices, track sales and get the status of your business on your fingertips
- You can collaborate with your accountants or bookkeeper to log in simultaneously and work to take your business to the next level.
- QuickBooks uses high-level techniques and advanced mechanisms to protect users’ data.
- You can also create and send your business forms, professional invoices, receipts and business estimates in a matter of a few minutes.
- You can control your cash flow by entering bills from vendors and paying them only when they are due.
When you are when downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates, you may face one of the following errors - QuickBooks error 12002, QuickBooks error 12007, QuickBooks error code 12009, or QuickBooks error 12029.
What causes the QuickBooks Error 12007 and QuickBooks error 12029?
Errors such as QuickBooks error 12002, QuickBooks error 12007, QuickBooks error 12009 and QuickBooks error 12029 can occur due to one or more of the following reasons -
- Internet timeout that prevents QuickBooks to access the server
- Incorrect SSL settings
- Internet connection issues (the system may not be recognizing any connections)
- Firewall settings blocking the software to get updates
- Internet Explorer is not the default browser
How to fix QuickBooks Error 12007, 12002, 12009, 12029?
Before making any changes in QuickBooks, you should ensure that you have backed up the QuickBooks data. Follow these steps to fix QuickBooks error 12002, QuickBooks update error 12007, QuickBooks error code 12009 and QuickBooks error 12029 -
- Close QuickBooks, open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools then select Internet Options
- Select Security and check that the security setting is not higher than Medium High
- Click on Globe icon, select Content and check if Content Advisor button is set to enable.
- If it is not set to enable, select it, type the password, and disable Content Advisor
- Click on Connections
- Select Never Dial a Connection if you don’t use DUN
- Check if correct ISP is selected. Click OK if the are using DUN
- At the bottom, click LAN Settings. Automatically detect settings should be checked.
- Clear the checkbox that says Use a Proxy Server
- Complete the full address and port, in case you are using a proxy server
- Use a proxy, if the port is port 80, uncheck Use a Proxy box for testing. For port numbers other than 80, do not uncheck
- Click OK on LAN Settings
- Select Advanced
- Click Restore Advanced Settings
- Search and locate Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2
- Mark TLS 1.0 as checked and uncheck TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2
- Close Internet Explorer & Restart the Computer
After following the above troubleshooting steps, you can now try updating QuickBooks by following below steps:
- Go to Help and select Internet Connection Setup
- Select and click “Use my computer’s internet settings” option
- Go to Next and click Done
- Verify your Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks by going to Help
- Check that your connection is working properly and update again
- Go to Help and Then Advanced Option
- Click on Reset Update and then Get Updates
Other Steps to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12029, 12009, 12007, 12002?
Condition 1: Error occurred while updating QuickBooks
- Go to net association set up in the software from a net setup menu choice.
- Check if the net association is properly set to use your system’s connection settings.
Condition 2: Error occurred while updating QuickBooks Payroll services
- Validate your connection as in the previous condition.
- Go to Next and select Advanced Connection Settings.
- Go to display Internet properties.
- Go to Advanced settings and check that SSL 2.0 and use 3.0 are checked.
- Apply and press OK.
- Close and restart QuickBooks.
- Try updating the payroll services again.
Created on Jun 3rd 2019 02:47. Viewed 510 times.