How to Fix MSVCP140.dll is Missing in Windows 10?
by John Morrison office.com/setup | *** | install
Sometimes, when you start or open any game or program, then you might see an error message on your screen which says; “The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer system. Try reinstalling the program to fix this issue.”
Generally, this MSVCP140.dll is a part of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 package. However, every application which is developed by using Visual C++ requires the Visual Studio 2015 Package to run the applications successfully.
About MSVCP140.dll File on Windows 10
Almost all Pc games and applications will rely on the Visual C++ Redistributable package, and without this package, it will fail to start or show you an error message like “The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem”. This message indicates that the MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer system and you will need to install or re-install it. There are higher chances that MSVC140.dll file might be corrupted or missing from your system. Hence, if you install Microsoft C++ Runtime Library, then it automatically installed on your computer system, this means it gets installed whenever you install the Windows. When this error occurred, it will show different messages like;
- There was a problem in starting msvcp140.dll.
- Cannot find ‘MSVCP140.dll.’ please, re-install this application.
- C:/Windows/SYSTEMS32/MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows, or it contains an error.
- And many more.
Steps to Fix MSVCP140.dll is Missing in Windows 10
Though, if you have any corrupted or missing MSVCP140.dll, then you don’t need to worry, as you can fix this issue by again download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable package which will contain the MSVCP140.dll file from the Microsoft. Here look on the instruction to fix the MSVCP140.dll file is missing in Windows 10. Follow the steps in an exact sequence here how to fix it.
Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
- Navigate to the Microsoft website.
- Then, hit the ‘Download’ tab to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
- On the next window, choose 64-bit or 32-bit version of the file. Remember that choose it according to system preference.
- Once the download process is finished, double-click on vc_redist.x64.exe or vc_redist.x32.exe and then follow the on-screen instruction to install the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable package.
- Now, restart your computer system to save all the changes.
- Once it restarts, try to open the program or app which says MSVCP140.dll is a missing error.
Run Windows Update
- Hit Windows + I keys together and then click on ‘Update & Security’ tab.
- Then, under the Update & Security status, click on the “Check for Updates.”
- If any update is available for your computer, click to install the update.
- Finally, restart your computer system.
Ryan Johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Steve has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Source : office.com/setup
Created on Jan 3rd 2019 10:51. Viewed 163 times.