How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Windows 10 (Best Tips)
by Billy Mark Blogger
As soon as you discover the ‘100% Disk Usage’ bug in the device of Windows 10, you need to go through the below mentioned instructions carefully. There is a lot of chances that this blog can turn up to be helpful for you as there are different ways discussed over here. The very important thing to remember is that after getting the fix of the issue of yours, just a Windows update might reset the changes that have been made by you. So making a bookmark of this page shall help you search it in the upcoming time for fixing the issue one more time.
Running a Disk Check
- Firstly, put the combination of Control+A+Delete.
- Then, choose Task Manager.
- Next, search for the Disk column in the Processes section.
- Note that you are facing issues related to the drive performance, it might be 100% as well as shaded red for depicting that you have a problem with it or else not.
- Remember that the issue creating areas on the HDD might lead to the ‘100% disk usage’ problem in Windows 10. The best thing is that the Windows inbuilt disk check shall be able to solve it.
- Launch the Windows Explorer.
- Next, choose This PC.
- Then, recognize the hard drive of yours.
- After that, do a Right-click on C:
- Next, choose Properties.
- Then, choose the Tools option.
- Go to under Error checking and press on Check.
- Next, on the upcoming window, press on Scan drive.
- Then, give some time the device scans the drive.
- It might be that a reboot shall be needed for a complete disk repair.
Installing the newest SATA drivers
- Firstly, launch the Power User menu by pressing the combination of Windows+X keys as well as Device Manager.
- Next, you need to expand the Storage controllers.
- After that, recognize the right controller for the SATA devices of yours.
- If you are not able to do this, then you need to update both of them.
- For updating, you need to do a right-click on every controller.
- Then, choose Update driver.
- After that, choose ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option.
- Next, choose ‘Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.’
- Then, select Standard AHFI Controller. See the performance too.
- After that, you might require rebooting Windows, so that makes it work.
- Remember that if it does not work, then prefer seeing the maker’s site for any new driver. You might get it by installing the steps that have been mentioned.
Windows updating can lead to high disk usage
- Leave the device – Close each of the launched applications as well as give some time. The things shall get downloaded, but related to the way Windows Update is managed on the device; it might need a reboot.
- Shut down the device- Whenever you are finished, do a restart the device as well as give some time for Windows updating for fixing the issue.
Source : https://firstmcafee.com/how-to-fix-100-disk-usage-windows-10-best-tips/
John Smith is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Jan 24th 2020 01:20. Viewed 310 times.