How to Disable the Touch Screen in Windows 10?by Charlie Noah Web Designer
Nowadays most of the people prefer to use the touchscreen in their smartphones and tablets, and that leads to their demand for using touch screen on laptop as well because they find it very easy and fun to use. That’s why Windows 10 is meant to work well on touchscreens devices. But sometimes you want to disable this function due to many reasons.
Reasons to disable your touchscreen mode:
- To get marks/smears on the screen – By continuously touching your laptop will some marks will be lefton it, which users don’t like
- Shorter battery time duration – Since touchscreen requires more power, your battery gets drained within hours, and that’s when you have to plug in your charger again and again. What if you go to a meeting and touchscreen consumes your battery in the midway?
- To stop childrenfrom reaching the screen – Sometimes children place their hands on the screen and dirty everything else too.
Steps to disable your Touchscreen in Windows 10:
The Process for disabling a touchscreen in Windows 10 works the same way for all types of devices which include laptops, desktops, tablets and computers.
Touchscreens in Windows 10 can be disabled through the Device Manager, which you can go through the Control Panel or directly from the search box on the taskbar. The device manager is where Windows 10 carries all of your devices, and from here you can disable or enable any device that’s connected to the system
- Press the search box on your taskbar.
- Write Device Manager.
- Press Device Manager
- Press the arrow beside Human Interface Devices.
- Choose HID-compliant touch screen.
- Select Action at the upper part of the window.
- Press disable
- In case you view a pop-up warning that says “Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning”. Do you really want to disable it?” then press Yes.
- Confirm that your touchscreen is disabled.
Steps to Disable a Touchscreen in Windows 7:
To disable a touchscreen on Windows 7 works in a different manner from newer updated versions of Windows. In Windows 7, you have to disable a specific option in the Pen and Touch menu instead of disabling the touchscreen in the Device Manager. This menu you can go from the Control Panel.
Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Start button from your Windows desktop.
- Press Control Panel
- Press Pen and Touch
- Choose the Touch tab
- Now uncheck the box beside “Use your finger as an input device.”
- Confirm that and your touchscreen is disabled.
David Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David Smith has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Dec 25th 2018 12:11. Viewed 349 times.