How should I change my lifestyle after Acute Myeloid Leukemia treatment?by Alisha Carter Best Urologist Hospitals And Doctors In India
Acute Myeloid leukemia or Acute Myeloblast leukemia is a form of blood cancer where the underdeveloped blood cells are released into the bloodstream. Pretty soon these underdeveloped blood cells or blasts tend to overpower normal blood cells by comparison. Fortunately, there is a treatment provided for this particular condition and this blog is not about the treatment.
This blog is about how to live your life after the treatment.
- Life after AML treatment: - Once you have been treated for acute myeloid leukemia, you should know that the treatment can be extremely fragile and you need to manage your life properly. To that end, you would have to partake in a strict lifestyle not just to make sure that the treatment holds up, but also to make sure that you are able to live healthy and as normal as you can. That being said, the following are the lifestyle choices you are going to have to make:
- NO smoking from this point forward: One of the biggest risk factors for AML is smoking. Furthermore, after your treatment, your tissues would still be healing and therefore, you need to make sure that your body doesn’t inhale any sort of deliberate pollution. This is one way to make sure that your treatment holds up.
- Make sure that you are not in the risk of infection: When you are treated for AML, the intensity of your immune system is one thing that you are robbed of. Therefore, for a time period after the treatment, your body is fragile and you might suffer from cold or flu-like symptoms. Therefore, you need to take measures to make absolutely sure that there are no chances of infections. For that, you can take some of the following measures:
- Sanitation is important: make sure that you follow proper and hygienic sanitary practices. Wash your hands thoroughly after and before the meals and even after you touch any foreign object. It might appear to be weird at the start, but remember why you are doing this.
- Stay away from crowded areas: post AML treatment body is not the one to be taken around to crowded places, especially when flu season is going on.
DO NOT touch your eyes, nose or mouth once you have been in contact with any sort of foreign object.
Disinfect every surface of your house.
It is all about making changes in what you put in your body: Dietary changes always assist in making mind and body healthier. Therefore, remember what you need after the treatment. Your body would be in a pretty fragile place so what you need is energy and a lot of it. However, after treatment, it might be a difficult to eat because of the loss of appetite. Therefore, ask your dietician for assistance. Once you have recovered enough of your appetite, make sure that you are regularly counting the calories of what you put in the body. Furthermore, your dietician would assist you with the process of your meal planning as well.
Get your body moving: This is just a slang term for saying that you would need some exercise. Making sure that you exercise regularly to make sure that the following happens to you:
Your immune system gets boosted
- Your endurance the energy levels also improve
- You would have a better emotional outlook once you workout.
Make sure that you manage your fatigue: After the treatment is done, you would feel extremely weak. Therefore, make sure to prioritize your tasks so that you can rest later. Prioritizing your tasks would assist you in making sure that you can rest at the end of the day.
- You cannot do this alone: Under no circumstance, you would be able to handle your condition alone. Therefore, swallow your pride and seek some help. This way, you would get help when you need it and it would keep you balanced both emotionally and physically.
- Getting your affairs in order: While the treatment options are amazing, you should remember that cancer is fickle and therefore, can turn the tables whenever it wants. To that end, you should prepare yourself thoroughly so that the people closest to you are taken care for once you leave.
These are the points that you should take into account after the treatment is done. You would be fine after the treatment, but make sure that everyone around is alright as well.
Read more posts: – Treating knee pain in any way possible
Created on Jun 30th 2018 03:56. Viewed 67 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.