Here’s More on the Things to do During a Vacation in Rio De Janeiroby Veena World Travel, Explore, Celebrate!
Rio de Janeiro in Brazil is well-known for its natural wonders and outstanding beaches as well as its exciting urban life. It is a place that offers a variety of experiences for the traveler looking for some excitement.
Mentioned below are some of the reasons that explain why you should take a trip to Rio de Janeiro:
- Carnival: Rio de Janeiro is well-known for hosting the most famous carnival in Brazil. The carnival held here is apparently the biggest street party in the planet. During the carnival, the entire city comes to a standstill as a large number of people throng the streets to drink, dance, socialize and chill out. The carnival gives travelers a chance to enjoy various bands popular in Brazil. Several street bands come and take part in this event in order to reach out to the maximum number of people. People looking to visit Rio during the carnival must however book their carnival travel packages a year in advance as during the carnival days not only do the hotel tariffs increase, bookings are also difficult to get.
- Tijuca Forest: This is the biggest urban rainforest in the world which contains varied species of plants, birds and animals that are not found anywhere else in the world. This forest also has lots of hiking trails, waterfalls, and artificial attractions that lure the tourists.
- Christ the Redeemer: This is the city’s most iconic statue and monument that in a way, acts as a symbol for Brazil. Christ the Redeemer is the biggest Art Deco statue in the world and the site where it is situated offers amazing panoramic views of Rio de Janeiro. One of the new seven wonders of the contemporary world, Christ the Redeemer stands with arms stretched out gazing affectionately over the city.
- Ipanema: This beach features a long stretch of soft white sand and pristine waters and is characterized by stylish restaurants and a happening nightlife. This place is regarded as one of the main centers of activity for the city of Rio and is one of the most costly places to live in too.
- Copacabana: Copacabana Beach is one of the most well-known and stunning beaches in the world. The atmosphere here is very lively and the people are fun loving and colorful. Whether visitors are in search of some leisure time under a sun umbrella or want to take part in sports like beach volleyball, this is the place to be in.
- Pão de Açúcar: Also known as Sugarloaf mountain in English, it is the most famous natural landmark of Rio. The peak ascends from the sea and can be reached with the help of cable cars. It offers an amazing view of the ocean and Rio de Janeiro.
Apart from the above mentioned places to visit and things to do, Rio de Janeiro has a host of other wonderful attractions to make your holiday memorable. And, in order to make the most of your stay here and even enjoy the carnival you must remember to book the Rio Carnival travel packages well in advance from a renowned government approved travel agency.
Created on Nov 16th 2018 00:59. Viewed 840 times.