Everything You Need To Know About Grand Forks, Chicagoby AA- FLY Travels
Make your early reservations today with American Airlines Reservations if you want to enjoy some good services and some good holiday deals for your upcoming trips.
Here are some interesting facts about Grand Forks you need to know
1. Grand Forks is the 3rd largest city in the American State of North Dakota. Together with the East Grand Forks, Minnesota, it forms the center of Grand Forks which is called the Greater Grand Forks.
2. Grand Forks is situated on the western banks of the Red River or the Red River Valley- a city that is very prone to flooding. In 1997-the Red River Flood destroyed a major portion of the city.
3. Grand Forks was originally established in 1870 and incorporated in 1881 and the city has been named after the Red River and the Red Lake River.
4. Grand Forks International Airport and Grand Forks Air Force Base serves the city.
5. It is home to one of the oldest institutions in North Dakota and it is also reputed for hosting several renowned events.
6. Grand Forks experiences four distinct climates. Summers are often warm, hot, and humid with frequent thunderstorms.
7. Downtown Grand Forks is home to many historic buildings and is a great place for community events and festivals. Every mid-June to mid-September a farmer’s market is held at Town Square-3RD Street S and DeMers Avenue.
8. Some of the major tourist attractions in GRAND Forks include the North Dakota Museum of Art, the Greenway, Flood Memorial Monument, Ryan Park Pond Fishing Access, Sertoma PARK, St Michaels Church, Lincoln Drive Park, Ryan Lake Parking Lot, etc.
If you are interested in booking cheap flight tickets for some of the hottest holiday destinations you can check out American Airlines or dial our toll-free number.
Created on Dec 5th 2020 08:25. Viewed 220 times.