Effective Ways To Choose The Right Domain For Your Businessby Jerry Peres Domain Name Registration
Domain name selection is like selecting your company name. This must be done with a lot of thought and consideration. It represents your identity on the web. Picking up and selecting the right domain name is most important for your website. Domain name will not only define your website but also will communicate important information to human visitors, search engine bots. A wrong choice while selecting your domain name affects your business. Your URL is the first impression for your website and making positive and lasting impression is critical aspect of your business. The major role of your domain is that it affects your SEO, and defines your brand. It is of paramount importance for domain registration and domain selection.
1. Your domain name should be as simple as possible without any obscure content. It should also be as short as possible to prevent mistyping or misspelling from your customer. Your domain name should be predictable without any weird spellings. Avoid hyphens and numbers in your domain name.
2. Effective and efficient use of keywords makes a successful domain name. This helps to improve your website rank on the search engine, thereby increasing your traffic. This also gives an idea to your customer to better understand your site’s focus and niche.
3. Brandable domain is the perfect domain for you. Choose a brandable name. Branding is crucial to obtain long-term success. A brandable name although has no meaning, but it is easy to memorise, pronounce or dictate over phone. Branding provides trustworthiness for you. It also should contain a tinge of fun and must be snappy. Creative domain is better than generic. Keep in mind that your domain represent how visitors will find, share your company on web. It acts like the base for your brand. Brandable domain stands out from the competition and is easily memorable. To create brandable name make up your own catchy words or take help from domain name generators. Obtaining an intuitive domain is key to success.
4. Register your social media handles associated with your website. Social, media is the key to success in this digital world. People are more concerned with your brand on social media platform rather than the actual official website. Try to obtain same social media handles for your domain name.
5. Register domain by yourself and not hiring any agency agent for this. Also enable domain ID protection. According to the ICANN rules all domain names must have publicly viewable contact information assigned to them. These rules include your name, address, phone number, and email address.
6. Domain availability too must be considered here. Your domain should not be a registered trademark to avoid legal issues. Avoiding trademark infringement is the best strategy.
Your domain name will have a significant impact on the long term success and potential of your website and your brand. Make sure to put some careful thought into choosing your correct domain name. This task is very intimidating but is very crucial step for your business.
Created on Mar 18th 2019 06:36. Viewed 333 times.