Do You Really Know How to Finance New Home Construction?by A&M Homes Your Home Tells Your Story
When you want to own a home of your dreams, practically you just have to build it. If you do so you can certainly create an environment tailor-made to fulfill your family's needs and match their lifestyle. The building process is quite a challenging task, but many families really feel the outcome is well worth it.
Yes, it is true, building a new home is very exciting, but it is very important to make the necessary plans to avoid committing some costly mistakes. If you do good planning, then you can certainly make the process go smoothly and bring your dreams into reality. Everything should be planned ahead of time even before laying the foundations.
The foremost thing to decide is the budget for the new property. You need to make the proper calculation of about how much you want to spend, and what is the actual cost of the new home? The next question is obviously about how your construction of the home will be financed?
One of the most commonly used ways is to get a mortgage for construction, or either to get a specialist type of loan called a construction loan. Once you work on all these important details then it will help you know what are the approximate costs that can help you to know your budget?
How to finance your new home?
- When you want to consider the loan amount, you need to surely look at the complete cost of the project.
- Apart from the building material costs, labor and contractor fees, you need to include various soft costs that are price of site plans, permits, blueprints, etc.
- For any necessary land improvements such as utilities, sewage and site grading the cost factors need to be taken care of.
- Generally, new home construction financing needs more paperwork than you finance an existing home. In both cases, lenders have to look at the proof of employment, the credit scores etc.
- For new home construction, there is need to review the deed for the land, the construction agreement with the builder and the licensing and references for your general contractor.
- Comprehensive home plans are also an important part as these are shared with an independent appraiser to know the projected value of the complete home. It is usually based on square footage, floor plan and amenities in comparison to other homes that have recently been sold in that area.
- If the loan is approved, then the next step would be closing. At closing, you can review a series of documents and sign the outlined legal obligations of your loan.
How to finance new home construction? This is very much different than financing the purchase of an existing home. New home construction is prone to more risk to lenders as here the loan is based on goal rather than a concrete structure. However, various things are there that are subject to change over the course of construction, cost overruns, employment status, building delays etc. Your builder can even move out of the business. Hence, due to this ambiguity lenders are supposed to be more cautious.
The nature of the home building process, the financing process of a new home construction loan both are stringent. If the lender has accepted you to borrow a new home construction loan, then a schedule will also be outlined again. In this draw schedule, the lender will let you know how the loan will be disbursed?
To build a new home is exciting and rewarding. This way not only will you end up with a home that's a perfect fit for your lifestyle, you'll also enjoy the pride that comes with knowing your vision guided the entire process. It is always better to ask the right set of questions when you are discussing with a home builder to ensure that you're getting the dream of your house constructed for your money.
Created on Apr 26th 2018 08:30. Viewed 193 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.