Do You Know How To Tie The Different Windsor Tie Knots?by Dheeraj Khanna Writer
The Windsor tie knot first originated from the courts of Duke of Windsor. Although he never specifically used the Windsor knot, he was more favoured towards the triangular knot. In reality, the Duke of Windsor accomplished this trendsetting look, by opting for the Four-in-Hand tie knot, with focus on the wide and extra thick ties. But as a result, inspired by his look, the public of Windsor created the Windsor knot, in a way to imitate the Duke’s knot style.
Today, this tie knot is one of the most popular choices for those who want a clean and classy look especially for formal attires. If you are looking on how to tie a tie, especially the Windsor tie here is some of the steps you need to follow:
Full Windsor Knot: The full Windsor knot comprises of a thick wide and triangular tie knot, which projects the right kind of confidence, without being completely overbearing. It makes the ultimate choice for presentations, job interviews and even courtroom appearances. For the best look, pair it with spread collar shirts. It works equally well with men with longer necks, as its wide form, reduces the perceived height of the neck.
Here is how you can go about how to tie a tie:
- Take the wide end and cross if over to the narrow end
- Slip the wide end through the loop and drop it down
- Take the wide end and cross it over the narrow end again
- Turn the wide end, under the narrow end
- Take the wide end up and again through the loop.
- Fold the wide end horizontally over the narrow end
- Tweak the wide end through the loop from below
- Pull it through the knot
To adjust the length of the knot, tighten the narrow and wide end.
How to tie the Half Windsor Knot: The half Windsor knot was created in order to simplify the steps of the full Windsor knot. It was first a popular choice back in the 1950’s especially with the grey business suits. The end effect creates a moderately sized symmetrical triangle shaped knot. This makes it the ideal proportional choice for men of a great height, or those who have more height in chest area.
- Take the wide end and cross it over the narrow end
- Twist the wide end under the narrow end and take it up
- Seize the wide end through the loop from the top
- Move the wide end horizontally over the narrow end.
- Take the wide end now through the loop from the bottom
- Finally take the wide end through the knot in the front.
To adjust the length of the knot, tighten the knot and adjust its length using the wide and narrow ends respectively.
Created on Sep 17th 2017 02:39. Viewed 141 times.