Digital Signature Certificate Formby Shreya Dixit Manager Head
A digital signature is a method of authentication which is used in the online world. Getting a digital signature helps you in sending documents online with your identity embedded in it. This helps in making the receiver confident that the document is sent by you only. In this post, we will describe the digital signature certificate, its importance, and how you can get it for yourself.
What is a Digital Signature Certificate?
As mentioned earlier also, a digital signature is the way of sending your identity along with your documents. Like when you have to pay someone using cheque, you sign on it. With the help of your signature, the bank ensures that the cheque has come from you only. In the same way, digital signature works as your signature in the online world.
Types of Digital Signature Certificate
There are three classes of digital signature available in India. Each one of them has different functions, which are as follows.
Class 1: It is the basic digital signature certificate that verifies the name and email address of the individuals.
Class 2: This class of digital signature validates the identity of some company under some predefined database. Generally, big companies use this class to file tax returns and other work.
Class 3: This is the highest level of digital signature certificate available in India. To get this, a person has to be physically present in front of some officers from the registration authority to verify his existence and details.
Applications of Digital Signature Certificate
- You can sign any document digitally using a digital signature certificate, and this document will be accepted by every government authority in India.
- A digital signature helps you in saving a lot of time and convenience when it comes to sending documents for some government tenders, online auctions, etc.
- You can very easily keep a digital database of your signed documents which will help you for future references.
- Sometimes, many government organizations reject physical documents because of some minor mistakes in the signature. But this will never happen in the case of a digital signature.
- Physical signatures can be imitated, but digital signatures involve encryption algorithms which make it impossible to crack them.
How to Get a Digital Signature in India
Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA) has permitted certain organizations called Certifying Authority to distribute digital signatures. You can get the complete list of various CAs at the official website of CCA by visiting http://www.mca.gov.in/MinistryV2/certifyingauthorities.html. You can visit the official website of any CA and get a digital signature for yourself.
Cost of Digital Signature Certificate in India
The digital signature price in India varies according to the class and the Certifying Authority. You can find the exact prices of different classes of digital signature by visiting the official website of the Certifying Authority. Typically, the price ranges from Rs. 800 to Rs. 7000.
If you are the owner of an organization that involves a lot of paperwork with different government offices, you should get a digital signature for your organization. It hardly takes 3 to 7 days for CAs to certify your digital signature, and it saves tons of your time and convenience.
Created on Sep 25th 2019 04:55. Viewed 296 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.