Converting PSD to HTML to Obtain a Pixel-Perfect Transformationby Simons Andrew Managing Partner Converting PSD to HTML to Obtain a Pixel-Perfect Transformation
Website development is an integral part of the latest technology. It is all about designing and developing your content on the internet, in an expert way. This will help attract traffic and convert them to the potential customers. The development process can be explained in a simple manner. It involves scripting in a simple language which is then transformed into a format that looks appealing to the customers. Converting PSD to HTML is one of the best ways to accomplish this activity. PSD or the Photoshop Document is an image file that is layered. It allows the developers and designers to work on individual layers of the images.
HTML is the Hypertext Markup Language. In simple language, hypertext is the process that helps wandering on the web with the help of hyperlinks. Hyperlink links one page to another with the help of a single click. And markup is the language designed for the processing, presentation, and definition of the text.
Why is the conversion of PSD to HTML necessary?
How is an Automated Process Helpful in the Conversion?
The conversion process can be accomplished in an automated way with the help of various apps. These automation apps are readily available online. However, the automated process to convert PSD to HTML is not preferred as it doesn’t provide a pixel-perfect transformation. Only an expert who can fix the bugs and write front-end code will find this process helpful.
How to initiate the conversion process?
The conversion of PSD to HTML services can only be accomplished in a fruitful way if the appropriate tools are administered. Let’s have a look at the essential tools:
• Adobe Photoshop- It is a part of the Creative Cloud Suite and the creator of the PSD files. It is affordable and easily available.
• Sublime Text- It color codes the text based on various languages.
• Avocode- It allows exporting the assets and coordinating with other designers and developers.
• CSS Hat- It is a Photoshop add-on and can easily convert a Photoshop layer to CSS.
• PNG Hat- It is highly helpful for the gaming designers. During the export process, it compresses the image that enables a faster transaction, without affecting the image quality.
• CSS3ps- It is based on cloud tool and converts Photoshop layers into CSS.
Deciding the framework:
There are certain pros and cons of using a framework in the process of PSD to HTML Conversion Services.Framework reduces the number of codes and the coding time on the site. However, the selection of an appropriate framework is very difficult as the market is overflowing with it. Therefore, in spite of the capability to design a highly efficient website, it is difficult to choose one from the crowd.
Layouts: The first step of the conversion
In order to convert PSD to HTML, it is necessary to select the appropriate layout from the four layouts available. They are:
1. Responsive- It is highly used in the apps that are compatible with mobile devices.
2. Mobile Only- This is designed to work only for the tablets and mobiles.
3. Fluid- It is highly beneficial for both the desktops and mobiles. The elements shift with the device used.
4. Fixed- It is used only for the desktops. The layout is incapable of shifting screen size.
Slicing the image from the PSD file:
Consider a file from PSD and cut the images that are not possible to re-create with the help of the CSS exporting tools. Then it is to be exported to the desired format.
Writing with HTML Code:
For converting PSD to HTML, it is necessary to write code from the initiation to the final point in order to maintain the uniformity. HTML5 has made the sectioning easier and more efficient. However, the syntax accuracy needs to be reviewed after creating the sections. Let’s have a look at the various sections that needs creating with HTML:
• Header- It is the starting of a page and contains the logo. It also separates the main content from the header.
• Hero- This is not a common section in every webpage, it is found in a few. It covers a large area with an image or images that slide across the site.
• Content- It is jammed with various pieces of information in a systematic way.
• Footer- It is the part which is written in a smaller font but carries a great importance. As it is about the contact information and the links to the website that deals with the marketing of the business.
The frame of the concept is now ready. This further demands some styling, which can be done with the help of CSS. However, in the process of the conversion of PSD to HTML, personal touch plays an essential role.
Ensure the functionality of the conversion:
The PSD to HTML conversion services should be done in a way that is highly effective and responsive. Testing should be done to verify the functionality. However, in order to know the real-time experience, the manual testing is preferred over automated testing.
Gulp & SCSS for a smooth front-end workflow:
Designing a web page needs expertise and experience to accomplish the work in an efficient way. Gulp system is an efficient system that makes the end result worth appreciating. Therefore, the SCSS preprocessor can be combined with the Gulp system in order to compile the code in an efficient way.
The above-mentioned tricks and tips will definitely help in a resourceful conversion process of PSD to HTML services
Created on Sep 27th 2017 03:21. Viewed 603 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.