CNC machining tool rake and rake angle characteristicsby xiaolong luo cnc machining shop
For a hardware cnc machining shop, the most direct and effective way to reduce CNC machining costs is to effectively apply different parts of CNC machining tools. When we choose CNC machining tools, in addition to selecting the appropriate tool material, we also need to understand the impact of the front and back angles of CNC tools on machining.
About the front angle of CNC tools
Generally speaking, the rake angle has a great impact on cutting force, chip discharge, and tool durability. The influencing factors are as follows:
1. Large positive rake angle and sharp cutting edge;
2. For every 1 degree increase in rake angle, the cutting power decreases by 1%;
3. If the positive rake angle is too large, the blade strength will decrease; if the negative rake angle is too large, the cutting force will increase.
The rake angle of CNC tools is divided into: 1. Large negative rake angle, 2. Large positive rake angle.
1. Large negative rake angle is generally used for cutting hard materials; the cutting edge is required to be strong to meet the cutting conditions and the machining conditions of cutting the surface layer containing black leather.
2. Dazheng rake angle is generally used for 1) cutting soft materials; easy-to-cut materials; when the rigidity of the processed materials and machine tools is poor.
Let's talk about the advantages of CNC CNC tool rake cutting and the disadvantages of too large rake.
1. The advantages of rake angle cutting: Because the use of rake angle can reduce the resistance encountered during cutting, it can improve the laser cutting efficiency; it can reduce the temperature and vibration generated during cutting, improve the cutting accuracy; reduce the tool wear and make the tool life It is extended; when selecting the correct tool material and cutting angle, the use of the rake angle can reduce tool wear and enhance the reliability of the cutting edge.
2. The disadvantage of too large rake angle: Because the increase of the rake angle will reduce the angle and cutting efficiency of the tool when cutting into the workpiece, therefore, when cutting a workpiece with high hardness, if the rake angle is too large, the tool will easily wear and even break the tool. When the material of the tool is weak, the reliability of the cutting edge is difficult to maintain.
About the back angle of CNC tools
In general, the clearance angle reduces the friction between the back of the tool and the workpiece, so that the knife has the function of freely cutting into the workpiece. The influencing factors are as follows:
1. Large back angle, low wear of the rear blade;
2. The back angle is large, and the strength of the blade is reduced.
The back angle of CNC tools is divided into: 1. small back angle, 2. large back angle.
1. Small back angle is generally used for cutting hard materials; when high cutting strength is required.
2. Large back angle is generally used for cutting soft materials; cutting materials that are easy to work harden.
Finally, let's talk about the benefits of CNC corner cutting and the limitations of CNC cutting.
1.Benefits of rake angle cutting: Large rake angle cutting can reduce the wear of the flank face. Therefore, when the rake angle loss does not increase sharply, using a large rake angle and a smaller rake angle can extend the tool life; generally speaking , When cutting ductile and softer materials, it will be easier to melt. Melting will increase the clearance angle and the contact surface of the workpiece, increase cutting resistance, and reduce cutting accuracy. Therefore, if such materials are cut with a large back angle, this situation can be avoided.
2. Limitation of flank cutting: When cutting materials with low heat transfer properties such as titanium alloy and stainless steel, the use of large flank cnc cutting will easily cause wear on the rake face, and even the tool will be damaged. Therefore, a large rake angle is not suitable for cutting this type of material; although the use of a large rake angle can reduce the wear on the flank, it will accelerate the decline of the cutting edge. Therefore, the cutting depth of the cutting will be reduced accordingly, affecting the cutting accuracy. For this reason, technicians need to adjust the angle of the cutter regularly to maintain cutting accuracy. When cutting high hardness materials, if the large back angle is too large, the resistance encountered during cutting will cause the front angle to be subject to strong compression There are defects or breakages.
Created on Dec 20th 2019 00:31. Viewed 95 times.