All you need to know about traffic control safety training courseby Warning Lites Warning Lites of Southern Illinois LLC. Traffic Control Safety Training demonstrates the equipment, procedures and legal requirements for people working for Traffic Control Companies in traffic control environments. Traffic Control Safety Training covers the importance of safety equipment, proper use of hand signalling, stop and slow signs, personal protection equipment (PPE), supervisor and worker duties, job site and job preparation, Traffic Control Plan, responsibilities and authority.
The goal of Traffic Control Safety Training is to familiarize you with the hazards, the requirements, safe work practices and Traffic Control Plan that will promote safety during construction and highway maintenance activities. You will also be encouraged to continue learning about hazards within various Traffic Control Companies by taking additional traffic control training courses and referring to the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
Traffic Control Plan includes some of the most recent rules and regulations from federal govt and reviewed by the leading industry experts. Training is based on real-world situations; experienced instructors lead students through problem-solving exercises using the MUTCD and state guidelines
This course is quite flexible; you can include state and local regulations as well as federal guidelines. Also pretty easy to get started; there are no expensive, time-consuming prerequisite courses required.
Traffic Control is for workers responsible for:
• Installing and maintaining traffic control devices in or near vehicle right-of-way
• Ensuring workers’ safety while in or near vehicle right-of-way
• Installing signs and warning devices
• Handling traffic flow in construction, maintenance, or utility work zones
Folks with at least one year of documented experience in work zone traffic control can attend. This training is also useful for project engineers who want to understand requirements imposed on site supervisors and outside contractors.
Traffic Control participants:
• Get familiar with the MUTCD and learn to use it as a reference
• Grab the skills and knowledge to interpret a Traffic Control Plan (TCP)
• Master the art to verify the accuracy of existing TCPs and adapt or modify them using the MUTCD
• Learn to implement a safe TCP
Abilities and advantages
By opting for this course, you would for sure be better prepared to work safely on or near highways. Upon successful completion, you will:
• Know how to plan and coordinate with Traffic Control Companies, emergency units and other traffic control safety services
• Become familiar with how to safely install and remove traffic control devices
• Beware of the proper personal protective equipment needed for each type of work zone traffic control work, whether it is during the day or night
If you are considering to undergo such training, we would highly recommend warning lites of southern Illinois llc, visit https://www.warninglitesofsouthernillinois.com/ or call 618-397-5565.
Created on Nov 20th 2018 10:12. Viewed 235 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.