All You Need to Know about Nicotine Saltsby Aanya Alberto A geeky girl and Vape Enthusiast
Nicotine salts have been the trendiest name in the vaping community over the past few years. As it is different from the regular e juice, many hardcore smokers have turned to salt nicotine based e liquids as a means to curb down their nicotine intake from tobacco cigarettes. Before diving into the pool to join other vapers, you should have a basic understanding of the origin and nature of these nicotine salt based e juices and find how suitable these are for you.
Nicotine salts are derived from the natural salts found in tobacco plants. These are made of ionized nicotine molecules (positively charged) that are bound to the organic conjugates (negatively charged). This is contrary to the freebase nicotine used in regular e juices, which is actually extraction of tobacco salts whose pH level is increased by using ammonia, returning the nicotine back to a neutrally charged freebase state. On the tobacco leaves, the nicotine is significantly more acidic than the one found in common nicotine extract. This acidic nicotine stays in the lungs longer but nicotine salts are smoother and do not give a harsh throat hit, like a regular nicotine e juice does. This form of nicotine is very quickly absorbed by the body giving a rapid natural nicotine rush that is similar to the experience of tobacco smoking.
How can salt based nicotine e juices be beneficial for you?
- The instant nicotine rush is faster than tobacco cigarettes, which help with the cravings
- These deliver nicotine into the bloodstream more efficiently compared to traditional e juices
- Your lungs and throat get a similar feeling like that of conventional cigarettes
- These are user-friendly (low maintenance, intuitive, and does not require high-tech devices)
- These are very easy to carry around and fit in your palm and wallet
- For people, who have just switched from smoking to vaping, the higher nicotine levels work better to satiate the cravings
- Compared to the high wattage setups, you vape less e juice
- There is no need to chuck huge clouds, which means less consumption of e liquid and less dehydration
- The nicotine salt based e juices have a longer shelf life
- These prove to be more affordable than tobacco cigarettes
- Low maintenance
- You have the option to choose between closed and open system
Although nicotine salts have made a very recent entry into the world of mainstream vaping, already numerous people can see benefits to it. Some individuals are using it as a form of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), while use nicotine salt based e juice to fill the gap between quitting smoking completely and smoking combustible cigarettes. These e juices have already proved to be an easier vape than the regular vape juices.
You need to choose your own flavour of nic salts (the flavour does not differ from that of a regular e juice). Always keep in mind that you need to use a low wattage device with nic salts, as these come with a high concentration of nicotine.
Created on Apr 30th 2018 04:39. Viewed 338 times.