8 Interesting Facts About Micronesia-Ultimate Travel Guideby David Towe flight tickets
Preparing for your trip is the key because there is a lot you have to do before you travel. Here are some facts to note down before you visit Micronesia:
1. Did you know that Micronesia is not any one particular state but a federation of four different states? However, although the country is composed of four culturally different states they are all solidly bonded together.
2. Even the national flags represent each state with a star over a blue background which symbolizes the western Pacific Ocean.
3. The country is so small and isolated that unfortunately, it is one of the least visited countries in the world. The Federated States of Micronesia registers less than 20,000 visitors every year with most of them visiting for diving.
4. The island of Micronesia is so small that there is only one main road and all the locals know each other very well including everyone’s place of residence. This is similar to a small village, hence there are no addresses as such.
5. In Yap which is one of the four states of the country you should never enter a village without anything in your hands. If you have nothing in your hand then it is understood that you have nothing to do there.
6. For a country with 120 000 people, it is interesting to note that Micronesians speak nine languages. While English is one of the official languages there are eight other Chuukese, Pohnpeian, Yapese, utihian, Woleaian, Nukuoro, and Kapingamarangi.
7. Chuuk one of the four states of Micronesia is the wreck diving capital of the world. You can find over 50 shipwrecks here that sank in toot lagoon after operation hailstone in World War two which destroyed the Japanese base. Many divers visit the place to explore the wreckages underwater.
8. There is just one newspaper system in Micronesia.
Traveling is a whole new adventure and the best part of your travel experience is saving some extra dollars while booking your flight tickets. Check out United Airlines Sit for some real holiday offers and rewards.
Created on Nov 16th 2021 00:25. Viewed 260 times.