6 Inexpensive Kitchen Upgrade Ideasby Abhinav G. Movie Enthusiast
Some would say that the kitchen is the heart of your home. In many ways, it is true. It's a place where a family gathers every night to sit together, talk, discuss their day, and bond over the dessert. Here are some upgrades you can get that may help with storage problems as well as with the functionality and efficiency of your kitchen, especially if budget is a constraint -
- The simplest and easiest change you can make is to update your lighting. Look for modern and inexpensive light fixtures that you can add over your island or peninsula. This simple little refresh can change the whole vibe of the place, enlivening it. You can also consider adding lights under cabinets to give it a cozier and more welcoming look.
- Changing your hardware can make a huge impact on your kitchen’s appearance and style. Upgrade your cabinet handles, faucets and drawer pulls in black, sleek polished chrome or even a bold mix metal statement like brass to get a modern feel.
- New cabinets are costly. Consider Refinishing the cabinet doors. Or simply paint the cabinets. It’s affordable and if you can do the job yourself, you can save a bit more.
- Modern appliances can make a huge difference. Not only the energy-efficient devices save you money on bills, but they can greatly enhance your efficiency.
- A tidy kitchen is achievable with little effort. Spend a little time clearing up the clutter, toss out unwanted, donate or throw away the appliances and utensils you no longer use and anything else that doesn’t belong in the kitchen. Your kitchen will automatically look neat and even spacious.
- To amp up the personality of your kitchen, consider adding a backsplash. A colorful or textured backsplash, whether it’s white subway tile, patterned ceramic tiles, or even stick-on metal will add visual and aesthetic appeal above your sink and behind the stove.
- If storage is a primary concern, you can enhance your cabinet space greatly with the help of graduated shelving inserts, dividers, pull-out trays, and lazy susans. Corner Drawers and cabinets are popular for their style and their efficient use of the available kitchen space to give you more storage space. (Visit Blum Corner Drawers Newcastle for more information.)
- You can further increase the storage capacity and fill up a boring and massive blank wall by adding some shelves. Whether it is for showing off your antique silverware, your beautiful glassware, or your cookbooks, shelves with sculptural or minimal brackets (for an extra touch elegance) is the way to go.
There are many other ways you can bring about a new life and look to your kitchen without having to renovate (countertops, painting the walls, adding another sink, adding, etc). An attractive kitchen can also boost the value of the house and can be seen as an investment
Created on Aug 8th 2020 12:34. Viewed 208 times.