5 Facilities that Every Good Residential School Must Provideby Kasiga School No.1 Co-educational Boarding School in Uttarakhand
Residential Schools – An Overview
Most people spend a majority of their formative years in school. It is there that they learn, play and grow with their peers as well as their teachers. A child’s social and interpersonal development happens mostly at school, along with his or her academic growth. For this reason, a school must aim to provide a holistic education to aid in the all-round development of its students.
This is doubly true for residential schools, because students of such establishments spend a lot more time at school than their peers attending day schools. Therefore, residential schools carry greater responsibility when it comes to the development and wellbeing of their students. Some of the advantages of residential schools have been listed below:
· They can devote a lot more time and resources to the overall development of their students than ordinary day schools.
· They offer people living in rural areas the opportunity to provide their children with a world class education, even if there aren’t any good educational institutions in their immediate vicinity.
· They are the ideal solution for people with transferable jobs who have to relocate frequently. By enrolling their child to a residential school, they can ensure that the child’s education is not disrupted every time they have to move.
Some of the important features and characteristics of a good residential school are as follows:
· As children spend almost all their time within the premises of a residential school, therefore the school must take special care to ensure that all their needs are met and their requirements fulfilled.
· One of the primary concerns of every parent is the health and wellbeing of their child. Therefore, a good residential school must provide every conceivable facility to ensure that each child is optimally cared for.
· While at school, children in the modern world are often overwhelmed by the challenges of academic stress, peer pressure and the general hormonal changes caused by adolescence. At a residential school, children do not have their parents and families to confide in and draw comfort from. Therefore, a good residential school should employ a trained therapist or life skill counselor to help students deal with these challenges while retaining robust mental health and the resilience to successfully overcome problems later in life.
· The residential school must also provide excellent medical facilities with qualified nurses offering round the clock medical service. A prominent and experienced doctor should also be on call and provide daily supervision. There should be an efficient and effective mechanism in place to assist students in case of a medical emergency.
· A residential school must provide its students with nutritious, well-balanced meals, preferably planned by a qualified dietician or nutritionist. Students should also be exposed to cuisines and food items from varied cultures and different parts of the world.
Therefore, if you want to enroll your child to one of the best residential schools in the country, you should browse through the websites of some of the most reputed boarding schools in cities known for being hubs of secondary education, such as Dehradun, Mussoorie, etc. You might also want to seek the advice of friends and relatives who have some experience in the educational sector.
Created on Mar 15th 2018 02:23. Viewed 654 times.