100% Free help for researching keywords, and by Google themselves. A huge resource of search queries taken from Google. The tool can be used to generate keyword ideas from up to 10 added keywords. You can also enter a website URL as a reference.
Google Trends is another 100% free tool by Google. It’s useful for finding what topics are trending on the search engine over time. Use it to gather insights on new or breaking topics and news stories to build and optimise your content around.
Moz is a big name in SEO. Founded in 2004, and originally called SEOmoz, the company offers a comprehensive range of SEO tools. Moz is known for developing the DA (Domain Authority) scoring metric, used to establish a domain’s authority in relation to other domains indexed. Here’s some of their key SEO tool features:
- Keyword Explorer – Moz boast the ‘largest, most accurate search keyword database’.
- Link Explorer – To find content and link building opportunities.
- Moz Bar – Analyze search, social and page metrics from within your Chrome internet browser.
Moz’s Link explorer tool is 100% free to use. A valuable resource for finding backlink opportunities.
Ahrefs is another major name in SEO. Their backlinks index was launched in 2010. Ahrefs is the largest third-party database of search queries, it has just over 3 billion web pages in its index.
They offer a superb range of professional SEO tools including:
- Site Explorer – A comprehensive look at search traffic, ranking keywords and backlink profile for any website or URL.
- Keywords Explorer – Similar to Google’s Keyword Planner, the tool offers in-depth insights into what users are searching for online, and competition for these queries.
- Site Audit – An in-depth look at your website’s on-page SEO health, including major errors and suggestions to improve indexing and ranking.
Ahrefs Backlink Checker is 100% free SEO tool. Use it to analyse your own, and competitors site backlinks.
Keyword Surfer is a 100% free extension, allowing access to search volumes directly from Google search results. It has the ability to find similar keywords in 70 different countries. It’s available as a Chrome browser extension and is 100% free to use.
What is the Best 100% Free SEO Tool?
The tools listed above are all excellent resources for improving your website SEO and long term strategy.
If you are just getting started in optimising your website and SEO, Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends are valuable resources that are easy to use.
Ahrefs is our go-to tool for more complex SEO, as an SEO Agency. Whilst their Backlink Checker is 100% free to use, the company also offers some excellent paid tools, which in our opinion are worth every penny.
Created on Sep 29th 2020 13:41. Viewed 103 times.