Top Healthy Food for People with Kidney Problemby Kapil S. Writer
There are many foods that are considered to be absolutely healthy for normal people, but are considered to be unhealthy and dangerous for those with kidney disease. When it comes to identifying healthy foods for people with kidney disease, it is important to ensure that the food is not putting the kidney of the person to further risk. When there is a kidney disease, it is hard for the kidneys to work properly. Regardless of how mild or severe the disease condition, diet and exercise are unavoidable when it comes to dealing with kidney disease.When dealing with kidney disease, one should get rid of the fear of having to exercise and to staying on a renal diet.
Anyone with kidney disease should control phosphorous, potassium, sodium, protein, and fluid intake.
1. Kidneys excrete urea, potassium, sodium, and phosphate. When the kidney function is impaired urea, potassium, sodium and phosphate can accumulate in the body.
2. When urea, potassium, sodium, and phosphorous build up in the body in more than acceptable levels, its effects are undesirable. Therefore, the levels of these salts are to be monitored.
3. When there is an accumulation of those minerals that the kidney is trying to get rid of, then the results can be disastrous.
4. Foods that are rich in anti-oxidants are considered to be of great help when it comes to dealing with kidney disease. Anti-oxidants greatly delay the progression of the disease.
Here are some foods that can help:
1. Red bell peppers : These are high in flavor and low in potassium, but these are best diet for people suffering with kidney disease. These delicious vegetables are even a wonderful source of vitamin A and C. It is also rich with folic acid, vitamin B6 and fiber.
2. Cabbage: It is a cruciferous vegetable. It is full of chemical, phytochemicals compounds. Some phytochemicals are even acknowledged to fight and protect against cancer. It is high in vitamin C and K. It is also a good source of folic acid, and vitamin B6. It makes a wonderful addition to the dialysis diet as topping or coleslaw for fish tacos. You can boil, steam, or microwave, add cream or butter plus caraway seeds or pepper and serve it as a perfect dish.
3. Cauliflower: One more cruciferous vegetable, it is a good source of fiberand folate and it is high in vitamin C. Cauliflower even have glucosinolates, thiocyanates and indoles compounds that assist the liver deactivate toxic substances that can spoil DNA and cell membranes.
4. Garlic: It assists put off plaque from forming on your teeth, reduces inflammation and decreases cholesterol. You can buy it bottled, fresh, powdered or minced, and you can add it to vegetable, pasta dishes or meat. Garlic offers a luscious flavor and garlic powder is a wonderful replacement for garlic salt in the dialysis diet.
5. Onions: It is Allium family’s member and a crucial flavoring in many dishes, keeps compounds of sulfur that offer it strong smell. But even to making cry some people, these are even rich in flavonoids, mostly quercetin, and a prevailing antioxidant which works to decrease heart problems and secure you against cancer problems.
6. Apples: These have been identified to decrease cholesterol, avoid constipation, keep safe against heart problems and decrease the cancer’s risk. It has anti-inflammatory and fiber compounds. With resourceful apples you can make baked apples, eat them raw, make them into apple sauce, stew apples, or drink as a juice.
7. Cranberries: These tasty, tangy berries are acknowledged to keep safe against infections in bladder by stopping bacteria from fixing to the wall of bladder. Similarly, cranberries even keep safe the stomach from ulcer-causing germs and promoting GI health. These have even been revealed to keep safe against heart disease and cancer.
8. Blueberries: These are high in antioxidant phytonutrients known by the name of anthocyanidins that provide them their amazing blue color. These are full with natural composites that decrease inflammation. These are a wonderful source of manganese, vitamin C, a great compound which keeps healthy your bones. They can even assist protect the brain from aging effects. Blueberry’s antioxidants property has been revealed to help slow bone collapse in rats made to be lower in estrogen.
9. Raspberries: These include a phytonutrient known as ellagic acid that assists neutralize free radicals in the human body to stop cell damage. They even keep flavonoids known as anthocyanins that offer them their wonderful red color. It is a wonderful source of vitamin C, manganese, folate and fiber.
10. Strawberries: Strawberries are a wonderful source of manganese, vitamin C and a great source of fiber. They are identified to give full heart protection. It even has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer components. You should eat strawberries with smoothies, cereal. You can also add these in your salad. If you would love a more convoluted dessert, you can make sorbet or pudding of strawberry.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.