South Africa's Nelson Mandela 'lookby Parminder Singh working journalist, online editor, proof reader, a
South African President Jacob Zuma has visited Nelson Mandela in hospital and says he "looks well after a restful night", Mr Zuma's spokesperson said. Recommended Features
- Feb 2012: In hospital for minor procedure to treat abdominal pain
- Jan 2011: In hospital for a few days with serious chest infection
- 2001: Diagnosed with prostate cancer, of which he was cured
- 1994: Underwent cataract surgery soon after becoming president
- 1988: Diagnosed with early-stage tuberculosis while in prison
Review on South Africa's Nelson Mandela 'lookMr Mandela was taken from his home in the rural village of Qunu, in Eastern Cape province, to hospital in the capital on Saturday.
Continue reading the main story
Local media report that the decision to move him was taken so quickly, some family members and his own foundation were initially unaware it had happened.
Mr Zuma's office said on Saturday that Mr Mandela was doing well and that there was "no cause for alarm", but did not give details about the reasons for his admission.
Related to South Africa's Nelson Mandela 'look
Created on Dec 9th 2012 12:22. Viewed 646 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.