Eat Pray Loveby Agus Suseno
Eat Pray Love - One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert was supposed to enlighten me. It didn't. Recommended Features
- Here is a book that either changed people's lives or irritated the bejesus out of them. Count me among the latter.
- OK -- First the positive: Overall, it is a well-written book. The author takes many complicated metaphysical concepts and makes them readable.
- The book is divided into sections: Eat, which is the author's journey to Italy; Pray, her pilgrimage to India and Love, where she takes a lover in Bali.
- This is about a thirty-something woman looking for spirituality and happiness.
- Eat Pray Love - One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert was supposed to enlighten me. It didn't.
Review on Eat Pray LoveI could not finish this book. When the author burst into sobs yet again in the middle of prayer, or a conversation, or walking down the street, or (more likely) on the floor of yet another bathroom, I gave up. This is the type of person you meet at a cocktail party and RUN in the other direction after a few minutes when she starts spewing out all her problems at you with no end in sight. Note to the author: I am your reader, not your psychotherapist. I really tried to enjoy the book and even like the author, but after slogging through a couple hundred pages of endlessly self-absorbed chatter, I was worn out and put the book in the Goodwill pile. When she writes, "I discovered my mind was not a very interesting place to be," I have to say, "Amen, sister!"
Related to Eat Pray Love
'Eat, Pray, Love' Trailer HD
Eat, Pray, Love, Movie, Trailer, Julia, Roberts, Ryan, Murphy, Adaptation
For more info on 'Eat, Pray, Love' visit: www.hollywood.com
Created on Aug 15th 2010 11:17. Viewed 1,582 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.