Why you must create a Webroot online management account?
by Carl Smith Software Developer
You must create a webroot online management account if you wish to install the webroot security on your computer or mobile device. And as to why you should do it, this whole article is dedicated to answering this question. We sincerely hope that by the end of this post you must have understood its necessity and its benefits, so read along.
Webroot needs no introduction, it could be the lightest antivirus available on the market. But perhaps the best selling point of it is the cloud-based threat detection technology that put it among the most advanced security software. And living up to its name, webroot is cable of not only eliminating the established cyber threat, such as viruses, trojans, malware, rootkits, and spyware, but also the latest and more sophisticated attacks such as the ransomware. What more, it could even detect and terminate zero-day attacks.
Then there is the webroot online management account, which is a web-based platform that the users are required to register, before installing webroot security software. This portal provides users a central management console that they can use to manage their webroot subscription and control endpoint security.
Benefits of creating a webroot online management account
Here we list some of the major benefits of having an online webroot account and the multitude of operation You can perform through this one single web platform:
Realtime status check across all the endpoints that are protected under your webroot subscription
- With the central management, the portal comes global access to mobile and PC security, which means regardless of your location you can access the webroot online management account from anywhere in the world, check the protection status of all the computers and mobile devices, and can make necessary changes if required.
- Webroot's central account includes an alert panel that displays the status of all endpoints, which one needs your attention or which has faced a recent attack.
- It also features an endpoint activity panel that logs in the status of the endpoint and notifies which of the endpoint is not responding. You can see the notification and check what is wrong with the endpoint security.
Account Administration and user management
With your Webroot central account, you can manage the account settings including passwords, personal information, and billing details. You can use the account to upgrade or renew your expiring subscriptions, add more devices, also you can give access to the management portal to other users.
Access backup files and documents remotely
If your subscription comes with this feature, you can use the central webroot management account to access and download all the backed up files. You only need to login to your account and you can download or even take a print out of all your documents remotely even if your computer is turned off.
Webroot antivirus downloads and installation
You have to download and install the webroot client on your computer to enable the full protection of Webroot Security. You cannot do so without the webroot online portal. Your online account contains a download section that lists various webroot products available to download depending upon the subscription you have purchased.
Online password management
Webroot also has the feature of saving or managing passwords for your different online accounts. If your subscription has this feature unlocked you can access all your saved password from anywhere. This comes in handy, in case you have forgotten the password of any particular online account like your banking login. In that case, you can log in to your webroot account, go to the password panel and see all the saved user name and password.
Access to the webroot online support
At times users may face issues and problems with webroot antivirus. You can use the webroot online account to get in contact with the webroot online support and have your issues and queries resolved by the webroot experts.
How to create a webroot online account?
By now you must have understood the benefits and reasons why you must create a webroot online management account. To further assist you, we have provided the exact steps which you can follow to register your webroot online account:
- Launch a web browser on your computer and in the address bar enter the url https://identity.webrootanywhere.com/v1/Account/login .
- This will take you to the webroot account login and account creation page.
- On that page choose the account creation option.
- This will open the webroot account creation page where you are required to provide some details.
- The first box will be to provide the secret code. In this way, your subscription information will be loaded into your account.
- In the next two boxes provide active email id. The second box is to confirm the email address.
- Next in line is to create a password for your account. Needless to say, it must have to be strong with the combination of numbers, alphabets, both upper and lower case, and special characters.
- Moving further, you have to set up a security question and its answer. Choose a question that only you know the answer. This information can be used to reset your account password in case you forget it.
- Once you have provided all the details, click on the register now button to finish the process.
Created on Nov 25th 2020 07:06. Viewed 108 times.