How to Troubleshoot Webroot Backup Failed Error?
by Carl Smith Software Developer
A premium antivirus software, webroot.com/safe provides high-end online security. It also comes with a feature to backup your files. All your important data will be stored in cloud storage and will be under the constant watch of webroot to keep it safe. The backup files automatically Sync with other devices secured with your webroot license. If you are facing any difficulty with the feature here is how to troubleshoot the webroot backup failed error.
Reboot webroot antivirus client
Sometimes one or more processes of webroot antivirus may have stopped. This could result in a webroot backup failed error. Shutting down the webroot client and restarting it again can remove the error.
● Move to your system tray and locate the Webroot icon.
● Right click the icon and from the drop-down menu choose the 'shutdown protection' option.
● To verify it's you and not some automated software or an infection trying to shut down webroot security you have to enter the captcha.
● Enter the letters and number as shown to complete the captcha then click verify.
● After verification, webroot antivirus will shut down and all of its running processes will cease.
● Now restart the webroot again. A simple reboot of your system can do the trick, but to ensure complete restart double click the icon on the desktop or in the start menu.
In the main application window, click the gear icon to open the menu bar. Check the slider button against the backup & Sync option is in On status or not.
Remove the endpoint from backup & syn then add it again
● Type the url www.webroot.com/safe in a browser and press enter to navigate to the webroot account login page.
● Select the account option then click the login link.
● Enter your account's credentials and click the sign-in button.
● In your account's web console, move to the Backup & Sync section, and click the device tab.
● Select the device that you want to disallow from accessing Backup & Sync.
● A pop-up window will appear with a button to disconnect the selected device from Backup and Sync, click on it.
● Now on your device launch the webroot application and go to the Backup and Sync section.
● Click the blue plus sign on the screen, you will be prompter to provide your account details.
● Enter the email and password of your account then click login.
● Webroot Backup failed error may have resolved.
Uninstall and reinstall webroot client
If everything failed and the backup error still persists, you can try removing the application completely then installing it again.
On the start menu, type "appwiz.cpl" in the search bar and hit enter.
From the search, result results click the appwiz.cpl option.
Now select the webroot antivirus and click the uninstall tab located at the top of the screen.
Click yes to confirm the uninstall.
Now go back to the uninstall page and click the refresh button.
● Go to the webroot.com/safe page and log in to your account.
● Inside the webroot web console, go to download.
● Select the product, then click the download button next to it.
● After the download, launch the webroot installer, enter the license key, and install the product.
When the installation completes, go to the backup & Sync tab and log in with your account credential to enable the feature.
Created on Dec 19th 2020 05:22. Viewed 298 times.